Neweggs Shipping takes longer than what is to be expected

Before i begin i have spent 5$ for shipping. Bought an item on the 26 of December and when I checked out with 3 day shipping, it is taking 4 days to arrive here. This makes no since as it should only take 1 day to package stuff up and ship it on the day someone orders it. Counting the 27th, 28th, and 29th that is 3 days. Why does it take around the time for the normal low cost .99 cent shipping (4 days).

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

It's peak shipping time. No carrier will guarantee a shipment on time no matter how much you pay because there's millions of shipments being made for christmas. 

Did you ever consider how busy they may be with it being 1 day after Christmas when you ordered.... give your damn head a shake.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

The 26th is treated as Christmas day by a lot of places for pay and holiday, as the 25th was on a Sunday. Likely there was no postal service on the 26th.

That, and this time of year will obviously be very busy. 

1 minute ago, L.E.D said:

Did you ever consider how busy they may be with it being 1 day after Christmas.... give your damn head a shake.

No need to bash me. No need for putting me down either. This has happened before Christmas also. Plus my package is one stick of ram, easily the easiest thing to ship.

CPU: i7-6700K | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2666 Memory

Solid State Drives: Two PNY 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drives | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | Case: Thermaltake Core V71 ATX Full Tower Case.

PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, Joseph Hartness said:

No need to bash me. No need for putting me down either. This has happened before Christmas also. Plus my package is one stick of ram, easily the easiest thing to ship.

You try shipping hundreds of orders a day. They try and give you an estimated day although that can be wrong. For all I know you could live in an area that takes longer to ship to.

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

You try shipping hundreds of orders a day. They try and give you an estimated day although that can be wrong. For all I know you could live in an area that takes longer to ship to.

Its funny because i live 3 states away from there shipping offices and guess what, I'm seeing clear skys.

PCPartPicker

Just now, Joseph Hartness said:

Its funny because i live 3 states away from there shipping offices and guess what, I'm seeing clear skys.

5 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

It is called Christmas and weather.

PCPartPicker

Chalk it up to margin of error. Your package will either be a day early or a day late.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, Joseph Hartness said:

How do you know that there wasn't bad weather where the shipping office is? Also, three states is a good distance.

I don't want to argue. Just leave it at Christmas, weather, and possibly a Newegg error that is causing your package to be delayed. It is nothing to complain about needing to wait a day or two longer for your memory sticks to arrive.

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

I don't want to argue. Just leave it at Christmas, weather, and possibly a Newegg error that is causing your package to be delayed. It is nothing to complain about needing to wait a day or two longer for your memory sticks to arrive.

Well i am just mad cause i wasted 5$ on something that didn't need to be spent toward.

PCPartPicker

26th was observed as Christmas day, which makes the 27th their "handling" day. And still they never get it right 100℅ of the time.  It'll get there! Next time probably don't pay extra for rush shipping, especially around the holidays. A waste if you ask me.  There is a chance they'll refund the extra shipping charges if it actually takes longer than they told you. Gotta factor in an entire extra day after ordering for handling though (which is lame) 

Your lucky anyways, I ordered 2 longer cables from Newegg for my new monitors a month ago, they were supposed to be here by the 20th and i have been through hoops and emails just to get another pair on the way since I still haven't seen them.  Really sucks cause tracking just stopped once they arrived in my city.  My desk has been a cable covered mess since then :(

I'll have them eventually, so will you! 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, Joseph Hartness said:

People Generally Don't Work on Christmas, that's why your shipping was 4 days rather than 3 days.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Many shipping and logistics companies take off on the 26th so the 26th would not have been considered a business day. Its also a bad idea to pay for priority shipping during the holidays to begin with.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It's the holidays, expect them to have delay for shipping.
I bought my 850 G2 during the 4th of July weekend, it took 10 days to ship it from the day that i'd ordered it yet I'd paid for 3 day shipping.

Keep in mind that your "three days" are "business days". Sunday and in this case Monday do not count. Chalk it up to a life experience and move on.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

1 hour ago, asand1 said:

Keep in mind that your "three days" are "business days". Sunday and in this case Monday do not count. Chalk it up to a life experience and move on.

Already have. Hope you move on also because this already has been answered. Read all of it and you will see it.

PCPartPicker

47 minutes ago, Joseph Hartness said:

Already have. Hope you move on also because this already has been answered. Read all of it and you will see it.

I did read it all, you havent chosen an answer, nor have you acknowledged your shortsightedness. Take your 14yo smartass attitude somewhere else.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

57 minutes ago, asand1 said:

I did read it all, you havent chosen an answer, nor have you acknowledged your shortsightedness. Take your 14yo smartass attitude somewhere else.

I'm actually 17, I also haven't chosen a best answer because there wasn't one, I still got the answers that i wanted but it really didn't come to my expectations. I don't know why you assume i'm 14, when clearly i have no birth date on my profile which shows your lack of showing actual facts. By the way you were the one who had an attitude in the first place, and don't say that you didn't (I'm quoting your last response):

1 hour ago, Joseph Hartness said:

Chalk it up to a life experience and move on.

Yea this is basically telling me to grow up and not ask questions to people. There is no need to call me a smart*** either. Also i will not go anywhere else as I love to help people on the forums and yes, i do ask questions, smart people always ask questions to gain more knowledge to things they do not know of yet.

Also you were born in 1977 which makes you 39. So why are you harassing (Definition: aggressive pressure or intimidation) someone who is half your age? Seems like you still have a lot of growing up to do.

I just want you to know where I stand on this issue, I take reply's such as those very seriously and do not take them so likely.

PCPartPicker

Not harrasing you. I gave you an answer and you got smart. And your attitude is that of a 14yo regardless of your age. You got defensive when you were told you were in the wrong. Nothing more. I suggest you grow a thicker skin and try not to act like such a know it all. Good night.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

1 minute ago, asand1 said:

Not harrasing you. I gave you an answer and you got smart. And your attitude is that of a 14yo regardless of your age. You got defensive when you were told you were in the wrong. Nothing more. I suggest you grow a thicker skin and try not to act like such a know it all. Good night.

I don't act like a know it all.

PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, asand1 said:

Well regardless you should treat any person with respect on the forums.

PCPartPicker