Intel retiring their Core family of processors in 2019.

cozz
Just now, patrickjp93 said:

And the 8890V5 is a 100% IPC increase over the 8890V4 because of AVX 512. Now, u mad, bro?

Sorry who buys these XEON's? certainly not any buyer on these forums or even you.

i7 5930k - 32GB Gskill Trident 3200 - EVGA x99 FTW-K - RX 480 8GB Nitro Crossfire

Keep the thread civil.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, A Damn Crab! said:

Numbers from your brown eye again like the perfection thing?

Nope, that's from leaks of Coffee Lake (which is Cannon Lake, just on 14nm).

I gave you the definition of perfection for a CPU. When all of your instructions at the register level take only 1 cycle, there is no way to increase IPC. There is only getting stuff to the CPU faster and shaving memory access times. Intel has achieved that. AMD is catching up. The problem is still software.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

2 minutes ago, A Damn Crab! said:

Sorry who buys these XEON's? certainly not any buyer on these forums or even you.

Plenty of gamers actually. Overclockable Xeons are much cheaper than the HEDT counterparts. E5 1xxx series, for instance.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Nope, that's from leaks of Coffee Lake (which is Cannon Lake, just on 14nm).

I gave you the definition of perfection for a CPU. When all of your instructions at the register level take only 1 cycle, there is no way to increase IPC. There is only getting stuff to the CPU faster and shaving memory access times. Intel has achieved that. AMD is catching up. The problem is still software.

In Far Cry 3 we heard a similar thing, turned out the guy was delusional and dangerous.

i7 5930k - 32GB Gskill Trident 3200 - EVGA x99 FTW-K - RX 480 8GB Nitro Crossfire

Plenty of gamers actually. Overclockable Xeons are much cheaper than the HEDT counterparts.

8890V5 is not overclockable and is a ridiculous sum of money, learn what crap you talk about.

8890V5 is not overclockable and is a ridiculous sum of money, learn what crap you talk about.

The 8000 series is not the only Xeon series, and it certainly won't be the only one with a V5.

https://ark.intel.com/products/family/91287/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-v4-Family#@Server

All of the 1600 series are overclockable, and they'll have V5 successors with AVX 512, so Intel will still be twice as powerful as AMD for productivity and server software. If games kept up, AMD would be dead as a doornail now.

The 8000 series is not the only Xeon series, and it certainly won't be the only one with a V5.

https://ark.intel.com/products/family/91287/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-v4-Family#@Server

All of the 1600 series are overclockable, and they'll have V5 successors with AVX 512, so Intel will still be twice as powerful as AMD for productivity and server software. If games kept up, AMD would be dead as a doornail now.

And this helps for general computing and gaming and video encodes where?

I like how you backtrack so much.

Overclockable XEON's

Nehalem-EP

Westmere-EP

Sandy Bridge-EP

So x79 and X58.

Yup winning with overclocked XEON's... LOL

3 minutes ago, A Damn Crab! said:

And this helps for general computing and gaming and video encodes where?

I like how you backtrack so much.

For video encoding, plenty. The unfortunate problem with general computing and gaming is that they're not optimized for anything newer than SISD and SOME SSE1 code paths. And that's sad given how data-parallel games are and how easy it is for a book like me to beat the supposed industry's best.

I didn't backtrack. You tried to derail the argument entirely. Now you're losing and trying to keep a toehold.

For video encoding, plenty. The unfortunate problem with general computing and gaming is that they're optimized for anything newer than SISD and SOME SSE1 code paths. And that's sad given how data-parallel games are and how easy it is for a book like me to beat the supposed industry's best.

I didn't backtrack. You tried to derail the argument entirely. Now you're losing and trying to keep a toehold.

SSE4 & SSE3 is used in newer titles and actually stops some old gen AMD Phenom chips from even launching the game.

AVX is still unused.

10 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

*are projected to*

Leaked to, not projected to.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

For video encoding, plenty. The unfortunate problem with general computing and gaming is that they're optimized for anything newer than SISD and SOME SSE1 code paths. And that's sad given how data-parallel games are and how easy it is for a book like me to beat the supposed industry's best.

Nothing was derailed, that 3 year gap for mainstream is going to hurt intel, mark my words and watch as it happens.

You seem new to this.

SSE4 & SSE3 is used in newer titles and actually stops some old gen AMD Phenom chips from even launching the game.

AVX is still unused.

No they aren't. If they were I'd actually have found them by now. I disassemble AAA titles and search all the time. No one uses anything newer than SSE1 yet, and that's still rare. 

Mirror's Edge also had this until a fix was brought out.

Nothing was derailed, that 3 year gap for mainstream is going to hurt intel, mark my words and watch as it happens.

You seem new to this.

Nope, won't hurt them a bit. If they need to they can drop prices and out price AMD. Intel still has the performance crown and the cheaper foundry.

I'm not new to this at all. You, however, command the English language like a tween with a chip on his shoulder, so I'm going to assume you're fairly new, overconfident, and out of your depth. Sound right, kiddo?

Nope, won't hurt them a bit. If they need to they can drop prices and out price AMD. Intel still has the performance crown and the cheaper foundry.

I'm not new to this at all. You, however, command the English language like a tween with a chip on his shoulder, so I'm going to assume you're fairly new, overconfident, and out of your depth. Sound right, kiddo?

Well apparently i am trying to gain a foothold, it's quite obvious who is straining here, thanks for the baseless insults.

Mr perfection.

Mirror's Edge also had this until a fix was brought out.

*does a text search for sse in the link, finds nothing*

Well done in proving you're as much of a liar as you are a fan child.

Also, I've disassembled that game too, nothing above SSE1, and it's in a non-critical path anyway, so it's underutilized. 

*does a text search for sse in the link, finds nothing*

Well done in proving you're as much of a liar as you are a fan child.

I'm just going to keep typing and aid you digging that hole further.

EA sign-in, nice, but even so, the link's dead.

EA sign-in, nice, but even so, the link's dead.

Aww happens to not work when called out.

How appropriate.

Aww happens to not work when called out.

How appropriate.

If you can get to it, screenshot it. Burden of proof and all that...

If you can get to it, screenshot it. Burden of proof and all that...

Software engineer can't even access a globally openable link?

Sorry to say it but i'm done here, everyone else can see what i linked lol so i have no need to prove it with a print screen.

Software engineer can't even access a globally openable link?

Sorry to say it but i'm done here, everyone else can see what i linked lol so i have no need to prove it with a print screen.

It takes me here: Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 3.49.06 PM.png