New Pc Build! -Need Advice

I am a 13 years old and trying to build a gaming and youtube rig. I am young so am obviously on a budget but willing to spend some cash (my buget is around $800 give or take a few dollars), I want a build that is VR ready and can handle loads on things like creating videos, steaming and gaming. Since I am an amature buildier I really need some advice and tips. If you have any suggestions on parts I should switch or exchange for higher efficiency and higher preforming parts it would really help if you could give me any advice at all it would really help! Thanks to all who help!

Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TgscBP

You formatted the link wrong btw, I can't go to link on mobile. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

RX 480 is best bet in this budget

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

8 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

I am a 13 years old and trying to build a gaming and youtube rig. I am young so am obviously on a budget but willing to spend some cash (my buget is around $800 give or take a few dollars), I want a build that is VR ready and can handle loads on things like creating videos, steaming and gaming. Since I am an amature buildier I really need some advice and tips. If you have any suggestions on parts I should switch or exchange for higher efficiency and higher preforming parts it would really help if you could give me any advice at all it would really help! Thanks to all who help!

You don't need a z170 motherboard or a CPU cooler if you are getting an i5 6500. You cannot overclock with that CPU. I would recommend an h170 or even b150, and you could save some cash there. I wouldn't recommend a Founder's edition card, get something from MSI, EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. also I doubt you will need 2tb unless you are going to save every video you make for 5 years and I doubt you need the DVD/cd writer

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($175.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($26.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($41.99 @ Jet) 
Storage: AMD Radeon R3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Mainstream 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 4GB Red Dragon Video Card  ($191.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ NCIX US) 
Other: Windows Key 
Total: $781.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-25 14:29 EST-0500

Windows keys from here

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Cyndre1033 I actually got the z170 already acctually this morinig for chrismas from my parents because i got a great price on it but the Gpu advice really helps and is great thx and same with the cpu cooler advice, just to be safe is it better to just get a very cheap one? Also, I usually end up having a lot of crap on my computer so i think the 2Tb is worth it because it is only around $15 more. But All this advice is really helpful thank you so much!

12 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

Ok so you have some ok choices but there are some bad ones.  With a founders edition card, you are not going to get any oc out of the box.  I recommend going for a sapphire rx 480 because of the high clock speed and reliability (and 4k ability).  You are not going to need 2 tb, but why the hell not.  With a $800 build, you do not want to spend over half your budget on your graphics card, so when you get a 480, you could get a 400-600 m.2 samsung ssd for quick game and system boot speeds.  The motherboard is a risky choice, because you do not need to spend $150 on a unoverclockable cpu, so go for something under $90, in some sort of gaming with more than 1 pci-e lane and an m.2 slot. Good luck!

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Goodman2265 Thx so much for the build help that pulls my cost down a pretty good amount I'll have to tweak some things but its all amazing help thx so much!

hconverse02 Thx so much al the advice is great and I feel like the Graphics card advice is the greatest because many people have mentioned the same thing so I think im gonna switch. I actually got the z170 already acctually this morinig for chrismas from my parents because i got a great price on it. Also what does OC mean (im fairly new to all of this so i dont understand all the terms). Again Thx so much for all the advice it will help me a lot!

2 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

Cyndre1033 I actually got the z170 already acctually this morinig for chrismas from my parents because i got a great price on it but the Gpu advice really helps and is great thx and same with the cpu cooler advice, just to be safe is it better to just get a very cheap one? Also, I usually end up having a lot of crap on my computer so i think the 2Tb is worth it because it is only around $15 more. But All this advice is really helpful thank you so much!

If you already have the motherboard you might want to get an i5 6600k so you can overclock and the EVO is a very good value or get something like the Cryorig H7 or M9i. Then you can overclock your CPU for better performance in streaming and video encoding or whatever you do when editing or producing videos. Making a pcpartpicker list for you now

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Cyndere1033 Thx, I agree with the upgrade of the Cpu because if i have already spent a bit on the motherboard then I should have the ability to overclock. Also, The Cryorig H7 looks great I think I'll get that. Cant wait to take a look at the PcPartPicker list!

@Goodman2265 , @hconverse02 , @Cyndre1033 , I Took a look at a video titled  "Nvidia GTX 1060 Review - RX 480 Killer?" on LinusTechTips and found out that the Gtx 1060 is sligtly better then the RX 480 and was wondering if I should invest a little more in the 1060 or stay with the RX 480 and get lower FPS? When you do answer could you please give me an amazon or newegg link to the card because I don't always understand the differences between for example an "NVIDIA GTX 1060" and an "MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060" If you get the chance could you please explain this to me? Thx

Here is the video: 

I Took a look at a video titled  "Nvidia GTX 1060 Review - RX 480 Killer?" on LinusTechTips and found out that the Gtx 1060 is sligtly better then the RX 480 and was wondering if I should invest a little more in the 1060 or stay with the RX 480 and get lower FPS? When you do answer could you please give me an amazon or newegg link to the card because I don't always understand the differences between for example an "NVIDIA GTX 1060" and an "MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060" If you get the chance could you please explain this to me? Thx

It makes no sense to spend 300 dollars and get a 3 fps diffrence

My life

@Himommies Not according to "Nvidia GTX 1060 Review - RX 480 Killer?" by LinusTechTips its actually about a 10 to 25 fps difference.

the guy can sell his 480 for a 1060... but really, it is a huge sidegrade. just keep the 480 and upgrade to Vega when it finally comes out 

also Relive drivers have improved the 480's performance by a fair margin 

7 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

I Took a look at a video titled  "Nvidia GTX 1060 Review - RX 480 Killer?" on LinusTechTips and found out that the Gtx 1060 is sligtly better then the RX 480 and was wondering if I should invest a little more in the 1060 or stay with the RX 480 and get lower FPS? When you do answer could you please give me an amazon or newegg link to the card because I don't always understand the differences between for example an "NVIDIA GTX 1060" and an "MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060" If you get the chance could you please explain this to me? Thx

Check out Hardware Canucka recent video. The 1060 and 480 are on par right now and the 480 will pull ahead in the future.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

25 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

@Goodman2265 , @hconverse02 , @Cyndre1033 , I Took a look at a video titled  "Nvidia GTX 1060 Review - RX 480 Killer?" on LinusTechTips and found out that the Gtx 1060 is sligtly better then the RX 480 and was wondering if I should invest a little more in the 1060 or stay with the RX 480 and get lower FPS? When you do answer could you please give me an amazon or newegg link to the card because I don't always understand the differences between for example an "NVIDIA GTX 1060" and an "MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060" If you get the chance could you please explain this to me? Thx

Here is the video: 

Personally, I would go with the RX 480. If you look at HardwareCanuck's recent video about how they stack up against each other now, the RX 480 has closed the gap in almost all games and will probably continue to get better support and better DX 12 and Vulkan performance. you could also wait for Vega, might be worth it and if not prices would have probably dropped by then or the next gen would have been released. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

4 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

@Cyndre1033 Thx this wil help

No problem mate. Btw when people talk about "Nvidia GTX 1060" and "MSI RX 480" and such if it is directly from AMD or Nvidia it will have a blower cooler so it will be noisier and hotter. Different coolers like a custom MSI or ASUS or EVGA etc. coolers will usually be non blower and so while the require better case airflow they will probably perform and overclock better. As long as you aren't building in a tiny system you should be fine with non blower partner cards. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

15 minutes ago, GameBoyTheBest said:

@Himommies Not according to "Nvidia GTX 1060 Review - RX 480 Killer?" by LinusTechTips its actually about a 10 to 25 fps difference.

That was old, due to driver updates the RX 480 will do almost as good now and be Moreno prepared for future releases that use DX 12 and Vulkan

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs.