Is it possible to changing motherboard without fresh installing windows 10?

Hi, im currently using gigabyte h110m ds2 +i5 6400, and i wanted to change the motherboard to msi z170a krait, because of the asthethics and i got it for 80usd used,.. so the question is, can i change the motherboard without fresh installing windows 10 as there are too many program that are truly pain to reinstalling it again

, thanks

1 minute ago, blitzshockz said:

Hi, im currently using gigabyte h110m ds2 +i5 6400, and i wanted to change the motherboard to msi z170a krait, because of the asthethics and i got it for 80usd used,.. so the question is, can i change the motherboard without fresh installing windows 10 as there are too many program that are truly pain to reinstalling it again

, thanks

sometimes but it isnt a good idea

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

have you got OEM, retail, or the free upgrade? Windows 10 makes things easier because you can link your license to your online microsoft account; but it depends on the way you purchased windows 10. OEM and the free upgrade are tied to your motherboard and you will either have to buy a new license or jump through hoops in their call center to get your system running.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

6 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

have you got OEM, retail, or the free upgrade? Windows 10 makes things easier because you can link your license to your online microsoft account; but it depends on the way you purchased windows 10. OEM and the free upgrade are tied to your motherboard and you will either have to buy a new license or jump through hoops in their call center to get your system running.

Bought it retail

Changing chipsets, I'm not entirely sure. I've changed from an X99 to X99 board relatively recently, to verify my friend's board was working, and Windows 10 rebuilt its registry on its own and behaved completely fine.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

4 minutes ago, blitzshockz said:

Bought it retail

should be easy then just link it to your MS account. Make a system rescue USB just in case

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

7 minutes ago, Suika said:

Changing chipsets, I'm not entirely sure. I've changed from an X99 to X99 board relatively recently, to verify my friend's board was working, and Windows 10 rebuilt its registry on its own and behaved completely fine.

That what worries me, didnt care much about activation , just more concerned about the drivers os conflicted with each other