Certified Refurbished Amazon Laptops

Was looking on amazon for a laptop and found an xps 13 for 380$. Does anyone have any experience with certified refurbished laptops from amazon? " The product ships with relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic white or brown box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer" Is this referring to the ac adapter or the actual hardware inside the pc? Bottom line should I avoid refurbished laptops or is there nothing to worry about at all and I should just go ahead and buy it. Thanks

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

With how proprietary and specific a laptops internal components are, excluding the battery, there's really nothing 'generic' that could be used as an internal replacement part inside a laptop anyway.

I bought a New ASUS Laptop from an Amazon seller years ago, and it is now sitting dead, resting under my keyboard to raise it to a more comfortable height. In fact that's what inspired me to build my first Desktop last Christmas! :)

As for what was actually wrong with it, its charger port was broken, possibly along with the battery. The laptop was a $400 purchase. Maybe I just received an onion, but it irreversibly changed my views on Desktop vs Laptop as well as Pre-built vs Home-Built

edit: Oh, and ASUS wouldn't honor the warranty on the product. They said there was NO Warranty for it when I called them about it. There was a warranty clearly listed on the Amazon salepage for 1 year but I should've checked with ASUS before purchasing to make sure that model actually had a warranty program before I purchased.

Basically, don't buy without doing research and making sure with the manufacturer that any warranty listed is legitimate and will be honored when you buy the product from the reseller on Amazon.

Edited by DKL

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link