Perc H710 Adapter Firmware Question

I have a Dell T420 with a Perc H710 Monolithic Adapter running Windows 2012. It is a domain controller, file server and print server and a Ubiquiti controller, no remote applications though. It has 6x500GB drives in RAID 5. I've noticed a message that it is in need of a new firmware and driver update. I have no problem updating firmware and drivers on most devices but this one is company critical and I haven't worked on Servers or RAID arrays much. I'm a bit nervous to do this and have put it off for awhile but it's time that I should get it done. I'm also experiencing a disk error on one of the drives that was replaced after a failure due to a power outage that I wasn't able to right in time. Dell walked me through the replacement of it and it doesn't have any warnings in OpenManage. It is disk error 153. The error is the IO operation at block (one of 2 addresses) for disk 3 was retried. I've dug through Dell's support forums and technet but haven't found a solution yet. It also has iDRAC7 which I've never used and don't know if it's even set up. 

Current firmware is:

Firmware Version    21.2.0-0007
Minimum Required Firmware Version    21.3.1-0001
Driver Version    6.801.05.00
Storport Driver Version    6.2.9200.16813

Any pointers, information, or solid guides would be much appreciated. I'm probably behind by a few updates now so if I have to update them one at a time instead of jumping to the newest one would also be useful to know.

Thanks in advance! 

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

I wouldn't touch the firmware unless there is a problem, personally, espically on a critical server

That's kind of how I feel and why I've put it off so long. Except I'm getting warnings on a disk issue and the OpenManager isn't showing anything so I'm trying to figure out where I should start. Usually, that's with making sure everything is up to date. But I feel pretty apprehensive around firmware business. 

1 minute ago, DyverTech said:

That's kind of how I feel and why I've put it off so long. Except I'm getting warnings on a disk issue and the OpenManager isn't showing anything so I'm trying to figure out where I should start. Usually, that's with making sure everything is up to date. But I feel pretty apprehensive around firmware business. 

Can i see screenshot?

I think that means there is a bad disk somewhere.

Here ya go. I took a screenshot of the most recent event with the disk issue. It happens pretty frequently though. OpenManage.jpgEventViewer.jpg

No worries on losing the array with a firmware update, I recently upgraded the 710 in my R320 with no issues. 

You can check what the update addresses to decide on whether or not it's worth doing.