Which is the most quiet Geforce 1080?

trzasku
Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
1 minute ago, trzasku said:

I forgot to say price does not matter but I do not want to pay like 40$ more if it is the same product - however I want pay for better look.

basically, pick the one that looks best

*ASUS strix*

Is there a difference in the noise level between the diferent brands that sell the Geforce 1080 graphic card? I have a 0db system od idle and medium load (internet etc.) and want my new graphics card to fit in. The sound on load doesn't matter since I will be wearing headphones while gaming - Only idle quietness is important. Which brand would you choose? Do they all have passiv fan mode that I can manually controll (for example 60C before fans start)?

The second most important thing for me are the esthetics, I want the new graphics card to fit in my mostly black build. Price in my country:

• MSI Gaming X - 808$

• Asus Strix - 769$

• Gigabyte G1 - 755$

20fe8e22d57b18e4f896383063d3dbf5.jpg

MSI GamingX is the quietest card out of them all. It's black on the top, with a small red accent. 

idk

They all have a 0 Decibel mode, where the fans stop under 60c

They're all great. get the ASUS Strix simply because it's all-black and would fit your theme

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

BTW that GPU sag is slowly killing me from the inside

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

BTW that GPU sag is slowly killing me from the inside

What can I do

12 minutes ago, trzasku said:

Is there a difference in the noise level between the diferent brands that sell the Geforce 1080 graphic card? I have a 0db system od idle and medium load (internet etc.) and want my new graphics card to fit in. The sound on load doesn't matter since I will be wearing headphones while gaming - Only idle quietness is important. Which brand would you choose? Do they all have passiv fan mode that I can manually controll (for example 60C before fans start)?

The second most important thing for me are the esthetics, I want the new graphics card to fit in my mostly black build. Price in my country:

• MSI Gaming X - 808$

• Asus Strix - 769$

• Gigabyte G1 - 755$

20fe8e22d57b18e4f896383063d3dbf5.jpg

It may be more expensive but I'd recommend a MSI Gaming X, you get a option of the sound levels as well as a lot of other things, it's what I'm going to buy

I forgot to say price does not matter but I do not want to pay like 40$ more if it is the same product - however I want pay for better look.

1 minute ago, trzasku said:

basically, pick the one that looks best

*ASUS strix*

Desktop:

Laptop:

One more question, is there a difference in features worth mentioning?

I reckon either the ASUS STRIX or the EVGA FTW is your best bet. Both are extremely quiet. The ASUS is clocked slightly higher and might look better in your system, BUT EVGA has legendary customer and warranty support, so ultimately it's up to you.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I have the OC version of the Strix. When the fans do spin up for gaming it easily gets drowned out by my speakers which I don't turn up very loud. 100% fan speed is horrible but they never get anywhere near that.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

12 hours ago, trzasku said:

You still get different software, also better cooling; I prefer the MSI Gaming X for it's looks too.

2 hours ago, Strafos said:

You still get different software, also better cooling; I prefer the MSI Gaming X for it's looks too.

Who do you think has the best software of them? Are the functions identical and only the skin changes? Does it matter that I have an MSI Mobo? I prefer to have 1 software for RGB and GPU Control.

You don't need to use the vendors software with their card. I've used EVGA's and MSI's software with my Asus. I'm currently using NZXT's CAM software, NZXT don't even make video cards.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

6 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

You don't need to use the vendors software with their card. I've used EVGA's and MSI's software with my Asus. I'm currently using NZXT's CAM software, NZXT don't even make video cards.

Didn't know that dude, thanks for letting me know 

On 19.12.2016 at 2:28 AM, DELTAprime said:

But u must use vendors software to control LED or am I wrong? This means u have to have multiple software if you want to use another program, I like to keep things clean.

Asus uses a LED specific application for their LED's in addition to their GPU overclocking utility, good thing with that is if you want as constant colour (no music strobing or anything like that) you load it up once, select your colour and uninstall. Not sure about the other vendors. 

Btw I have the MSI gaming x 1070 and it's quieter than anything ever. At idle the fans don't spin u until gpu is at 60c and even at max load this thing is as quite as idle. Best 1080 you can get.

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage