BF1 Best Setup ???

smokefest

BF1 Best Setup ???  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best setup for BF1, 75 hertz with lower resoution scale or 60 hz with higher resolution scale ? Obviously have to drop to 120% res. scale to keep a steady 75 fps @ 75 hz but in 60hz i can raise resolution scale up to 150% and still ahve a steady 60 fps @ 60 hertz..,.. wich setup is best ? please vote ! ty

• 60 hertz 1080P @ ultra @ 150% resolution scale
    • 75 hertz 1080P @ ultra @ 120% resolution scale

For faster paced games like first person shooters always go for higher refresh rate over better looks.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Okay I'm voting for 60Hz and here is why, unless you have g-sync on that monitor 75 hz is not going to look much better than 60, for a real improvement you need to be at least at 100hz with 120 and 144 being preferable. 

17 minutes ago, Pittman90 said:

Okay I'm voting for 60Hz and here is why, unless you have g-sync on that monitor 75 hz is not going to look much better than 60, for a real improvement you need to be at least at 100hz with 120 and 144 being preferable. 

Um... Yeah it will. the difference between 60 and 75 is more than the difference between 75 and 144

(not in numbers obviously, but in perceived smoothness)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

15 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Um... Yeah it will. the difference between 60 and 75 is more than the difference between 75 and 144

16 hours ago, Aytex said:

75hz

15 hours ago, Moress said:

For faster paced games like first person shooters always go for higher refresh rate over better looks.

Thank you guys, that's what I tho.. I'll stay @ 75 hz !! :)

On 12/17/2016 at 5:34 PM, RadiatingLight said:

Wtf are you talking about that is not true what so ever 

2 minutes ago, Pittman90 said:

Wtf are you talking about that is not true what so ever 

what do you mean? obviously refresh rate has diminishing returns the higher you go, so a small bump from 60 to 75 has a big impact on perceived smoothness, while 75 to 144 is technically more of an increase if you count the frames, but you will notice it less because again, refresh rate has diminishing returns.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

what do you mean? obviously refresh rate has diminishing returns the higher you go, so a small bump from 60 to 75 has a big impact on perceived smoothness, while 75 to 144 is technically more of an increase if you count the frames, but you will notice it less because again, refresh rate has diminishing returns.

Except it doesn't.... I have actually seen 60, 75 and 144 in person and I can tell you that the difference it much bigger from 60 to 144 vs 60 to 75

1 minute ago, Pittman90 said:

Except it doesn't.... I have actually seen 60, 75 and 144 in person and I can tell you that the difference it much bigger from 60 to 144 vs 60 to 75

Obviously it is bigger from 60 to 144 than 60 to 75.

What i'm trying to say is that you will notice a big improvement going from 60 → 75, but a medium improvement going 75 → 144. so the improvement is bigger 60 → 75.

Desktop:

Laptop:

no need to move to 75hz 120 scaling @ 1080p just stick to 60hz 150 scaling there is literally no difference if you are going up in refresh you may aswell jump up to 144hz and be done with it

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Obviously it is bigger from 60 to 144 than 60 to 75.

What i'm trying to say is that you will notice a big improvement going from 60 → 75, but a medium improvement going 75 → 144. so the improvement is bigger 60 → 75.

What games are you talking about with this? I have played games like CSGO and Overwatch which are competitive games and you can notice the improvement dramatically from 75 to 144 

3 minutes ago, Pittman90 said:

What games are you talking about with this? I have played games like CSGO and Overwatch which are competitive games and you can notice the improvement dramatically from 75 to 144 

but the improvement is MORE dramatic going from 60 → 75

Desktop:

Laptop:

but the improvement is MORE dramatic going from 60 → 75

Again what games are you talking about with this? Because I do not agree at all

23 minutes ago, Pittman90 said:

Again what games are you talking about with this? Because I do not agree at all

I don't own a monitor with over 60Hz, but when I've tried higher refresh rate monitors, I personally notice much more difference between 60 and 75 than between 75 and 144. maybe this is because I'm not particularly sensitive to refresh rates, and might not be able to tell the difference that high.

Desktop:

Laptop:

I don't own a monitor with over 60Hz, but when I've tried higher refresh rate monitors, I personally notice much more difference between 60 and 75 than between 75 and 144. maybe this is because I'm not particularly sensitive to refresh rates, and might not be able to tell the difference that high.

So did you try them by playing any games?

On 12/17/2016 at 9:16 PM, Pittman90 said:

That's not true AT ALL. I'll ask you nicely to please stop misinforming people. The difference between 60hz and 75hz is very noticeable. It improves your gaming experience by a LOT. "For REAL improvement you have to go 100hz". Again, completely false and disgustingly inaccurate. Anything higher than 75hz will give you a real improvement over 60hz. 

And it is obvious that the bump between 60hz-144hz is higher than 60hz-75hz. That's just obvious, but you said that between 60hz and 75hz there's no big difference, and that's not true.

16 hours ago, Pittman90 said:

He said the difference between 60 and 75 is bigger than the difference from 75 to 144, not from 60 to 75 compared to 60 to 144, come on ! lol read

13 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

That's not true AT ALL. I'll ask you nicely to please stop misinforming people. The difference between 60hz and 75hz is very noticeable. It improves your gaming experience by a LOT. "For REAL improvement you have to go 100hz". Again, completely false and disgustingly inaccurate. Anything higher than 75hz will give you a real improvement over 60hz. 

And it is obvious that the bump between 60hz-144hz is higher than 60hz-75hz. That's just obvious, but you said that between 60hz and 75hz there's no big difference, and that's not true.

That's what I think too,

I seems to see a difference between 60 and 75, when I spray on someone moving, its easier to follow and hit him... 

also have to say that graphics are awesome @ 120% resolution scale, they are still very very nice,

Of course they are better @ 150% resolution scale, but I feel It's harder to aim, shoot, follow targets...

Not by a lot, but its noticeable...

I think i'll stay @ 75 hertz @ 75 fps @ 120% resolution scale for now.. !

Maybe a 144 hz 1440p monitor gsync would help, but heh, its over 750$ Canadian dollars, so expansive... i can't buy that :(