Need help to get rid of bitcoin miner virus.

hi, i am almost 100% sure i have a bitcoin miner in my PC, its making my GPU run at load for no reason but i cant find it, malware bytes and such cant find it.

That must be a very bad virus. If you can't remove it then you can always reset your system like formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

You can try use ProcessHacker2 to check which processes utilizing your GPU.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Don't reset your system, I think viruses stay in your system when you reset it, like it gets overwritten, but could still be there. I could be wrong though and hopefully I am. I would try Avast though and if I am wrong, I would just reset your system. Good luck mate :)

PS: MAKE A BACKUP!!!!!!!! removing a virus can crash your whole system, virus scanners can also destroy your system on accident. you should also make backups even if you don't have a virus but in this case make one before attempting any removal tools.

Just now, xAcid9 said:

You can try use ProcessHacker2 to check which processes utilizing your GPU.

ive tried using process explorer but i cant find anything, most sites have said its named SVchost, but theres a shit tonne of those but all from microsoft

6 minutes ago, jeppe96 said:

ive tried using process explorer but i cant find anything, most sites have said its named SVchost, but theres a shit tonne of those but all from microsoft

Can you see which process use the most GPU power? Haven't use PE for along time so i don't remember if you can sort process that utilizing the GPU, you can do that with ProcessHacker.

Also you should enable Command Line column.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Have you checked the Start Up tab to see if there is any fishy program at boot?

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Just now, ZothOmmog said:

Have you checked the Start Up tab to see if there is any fishy program at boot?

ive looked over it severall times, nothing fishy to me, just s alot of microsoft programms

4 minutes ago, jeppe96 said:

ive looked over it severall times, nothing fishy to me, just s alot of microsoft programms

Okay, could you right click on the "Publisher" tab and select from the menu "Command Line" and check where each program is at?

Or you could also post a picture of it if you want.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

11 minutes ago, jeppe96 said:

-snip-

Looks normal to my eyes.
What make you think your PC is infected with Bitcoin virus in the first place?

Just now, xAcid9 said:

Looks normal to my eyes.
What make you think your PC is infected with Bitcoin virus in the first place?

i have no clue, it started after playing rust on a custom server with a shit tonne of downloads.

4 hours ago, jeppe96 said:

hi, i am almost 100% sure i have a bitcoin miner in my PC, its making my GPU run at load for no reason but i cant find it, malware bytes and such cant find it.

Just so I'm sure, youre saying your GPU is maxing out on idle with nothing going on, correct?

Anyway, if you're absolutely sure you have a bitcoin miner on your computer, and you've tried malwarebytes, try this fix: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/147125-please-help-me-remove-a-bitcoin-miner-virus/

48 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Just so I'm sure, youre saying your GPU is maxing out on idle with nothing going on, correct?

Anyway, if you're absolutely sure you have a bitcoin miner on your computer, and you've tried malwarebytes, try this fix: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/147125-please-help-me-remove-a-bitcoin-miner-virus/

well, nothing else seem plausible, one of the GPUs just run hardcore 100% load for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, jeppe96 said:

well, nothing else seem plausible, one of the GPUs just run hardcore 100% load for no apparent reason.

all the time or just spiking once in a while?

3 hours ago, jeppe96 said:

if you set your gpu to maximum performance it will run at 100% speed all the time

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

14 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

all the time or just spiking once in a while?

usually not on start up, but for hours after playing games like wow, bf1/4, dark souls 3 etc.

12 hours ago, xGGAx said:

if you set your gpu to maximum performance it will run at 100% speed all the time

theyve had the same settings since it got em, and theyve never done this.

honest question: Why sould you mine bitcoins at this point in time. It´s long gone...

50 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

honest question: Why sould you mine bitcoins at this point in time. It´s long gone...

maybe becouse 1 is worth 1k? and the virus isnt just gonna disappear from the world cuz its old