Is buying Windows worth it?

TechnoZamb19
On 12/16/2016 at 3:00 PM, TechnoZamb19 said:

Some of you said that there will be no Windows 11, but only Windows 10 upgrades. So I'm asking you: If I pirate it or buy it from g2a will I be able to get these upgrades?

1) do not pirate, that's stupid, why would you pirate something you can get for free?

- linked removed -- GoodBytes

Also, pirating can get you viruses.

2) discussing piracy is against the rules of this forum, please go read them so you don't get yourself banned :)

3) yes when you install windows without activating it you still get all updates, unless if some day microsoft decides to stop it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 hours ago, TechnoZamb19 said:

I'm building a pc for Xmas, I have all the components in my Amazon cart but I'm missing something... the operative system. I have a really important question for you: nowadays is buying the operative system for $80+ worth it when out there on Youtube there are tons of tutorial to get it for free? I mean do they work? And if they do, is still worth it to get it in an illegal way? Is it possible that Microsoft will block my hdd because I have an Illegal copy of Windows? Will I be able to upgrade my OS when Windows 11 will come out? And you, how did you get your OS? Tell me everything I need to know about...

Just buy it, this way you can support Microsoft (yay!) and not feel guilty also other stuff that I can't be bothered to state

20 hours ago, YedZed said:

Thats what I'm doing now, cuz money is money and I'm cheap. I'll pay when my free trial expires, #winrar.

If you're cheap just use linux, It's free of cost, malware and spying.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

6 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

If you're cheap just use linux, It's free of cost, malware and spying.

1. Yes its free, but compatibility is limited. I need things to work well. I'm probably gonna dual boot anyway, but the point is I need windows.

2.It is most certainly not free of malware. Do your research. It might be less, but its not nothing.

3.Like withh malware, 3rd party viruses can spy on you if you are not scrupulous and wary.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

We don't recommend privating an windows os 

3 hours ago, YedZed said:

1. Yes its free, but compatibility is limited. I need things to work well. I'm probably gonna dual boot anyway, but the point is I need windows.

2.It is most certainly not free of malware. Do your research. It might be less, but its not nothing.

3.Like withh malware, 3rd party viruses can spy on you if you are not scrupulous and wary.

2,3) android is actually based on linux so it's definitely 100% Posible to get virus and ransomware just probably not as easy as android I guess?

3 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

We don't recommend privating an windows os 

2,3) android is actually based on linux so it's definitely 100% Posible to get virus and ransomware just probably not as easy as android I guess?

Honestly, I'm not in favor of piracy either. However, in the end I'd be using a Kinguin or G2A key anyway, so it's not like I'm making them lose money. 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just get linux, Windows isn't that hype anyway.

9 hours ago, YedZed said:

Compatibility is not limited. Linux runs on almost all hardware. Unless there is a specific program that you require then you don't need windows, even photoshop cs5-6 will run natively with the help of wine.

3rd party viruses? Fancy explaining that?

I was talking about the fact that windows monitors what you do and type and Linux does not.

31 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Compatibility is not limited. Linux runs on almost all hardware. Unless there is a specific program that you require then you don't need windows, even photoshop cs5-6 will run natively with the help of wine.

3rd party viruses? Fancy explaining that?

I was talking about the fact that windows monitors what you do and type and Linux does not.

In case you didn't know, android is actually based on linux and android can get virus and ransomware.

http://www.howtogeek.com/189036/android-is-based-on-linux-but-what-does-that-mean/

35 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

In case you didn't know, android is actually based on linux and android can get virus and ransomware.

http://www.howtogeek.com/189036/android-is-based-on-linux-but-what-does-that-mean/

Android is a highly fragmented steaming hot pile of shit. Google has not done nearly enough to force people to update. Also android requires an app to show it's permission before you install it. If you're letting a "flash light" app have access to sms, contacts, BT, internet, then there is really nothing anyone can do.