supply for modding things in Germany?

Hey guys,

I'm starting to prepare to build my own computer case completely from scratch. Where do i find such things like these little plugs for power button etc? Don't no what to look for to be honest. How do I find them?

Thanks in advance!

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Maybe Caseking. They´ve a lot. https://www.caseking.de/

I wanted to build my own case a while ago. But thought it would be far to complex, so i dumped it. 

I´m curious what´s in your mind. Maybe you want to share your ideas, thoughts and maybe a Buildlog :) would be awesome. 

- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Super1337victim said:

Maybe Caseking. They´ve a lot. https://www.caseking.de/

I wanted to build my own case a while ago. But thought it would be far to complex, so i dumped it. 

I´m curious what´s in your mind. Maybe you want to share your ideas, thoughts and maybe a Buildlog :) would be awesome. 

Will start designing and so on over the holidays, if it is worth it and if i decide to do it, i will put a build log on here. :)  maybe I even remember to tag you :) 

My ideas are based on the cases @Willy Dijo made, will be standard ATX unless I'll find some sponsors because I would replace my current case, which i really love but I really like the idea of a selfmade case and would be a nice project for the free time i have around march.

I took a look at casekings website, but they have all plugs and things EXCEPT these particular plugs for the front I/O, in particular the plugs for power/reset button. But i didn't find them anywhere...

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

21 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

.... :)  maybe I even remember to tag you :) ...

Would be awesome :)

21 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

... I took a look at casekings website, but they have all plugs and things EXCEPT these particular plugs for the front I/O, in particular the plugs for power/reset button. But i didn't find them anywhere...

electrically those IO  buttons and switches are very simple, and a variety of switches and buttons can be used.  But if you search for a special style or kind of button/switch you will have to search :( 

could you post pictures of those plugs maybe? 

I found some sets like this :  https://www.caseking.de/lian-li-pt-sk03b-power-reset-taster-geli-474.html but obvious it´s not what you are looking for

25 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

...My ideas are based on the cases @Willy Dijo made ...

I will check it out :)

25 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

... I would replace my current case, which i really love...

--> why I will never overcome myself to get a new case :D it was my first one and I researched for days to find the perfect case back in those days 

43 minutes ago, Super1337victim said:

electrically those IO  buttons and switches are very simple, and a variety of switches and buttons can be used.  But if you search for a special style or kind of button/switch you will have to search

well basically I've already found the switch i want, but the problem i have is the motherboard plugs for the I/O header...

- Ryzen Build -

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

well basically I've already found the switch i want, but the problem i have is the motherboard plugs for the I/O header...

maybe something like this:

https://www.caseking.de/lamptron-taster-schalter-connection-cable-300mm-molt-081.html helps you out ? 

the IO header doesn´t do more than bridge 2 pins. you can turn on and of your pc or even reset by shorting the IO pins with a screwdriver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqunOrUWeM

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.12.2016 at 4:39 PM, 19_blackie_73 said:

Thats very simple, you have to take the wires that come off the switch( if the switch has no cables, then you have to solder them to the solder ports of the switch) and then crimp the cables into a header, use two seperate small headers for (plus) and (minus) orientation doesnt matter for such a swtich because its only purpose is to create a short