Can Gateron switches be used in stead of Outemu switches?

dividead

I  have a keyboard with replaceable Outemu switches, it comes even comes with spare switches. Would it be possible to replace the Outemu switches with Gateron ones without modifying anything?

it depends on the board and PCB. if it's a plate mounted then it'll a bit tougher to replace the switches (desoldering). if it's PCB then you can just grab a switch removal tool and pull them out (be careful though) if the keyboard is modular 

They are not soldered. That is what I  was asking, are Gateron and Outemu switches compatible/ do they have the same position of pins, same size pins, same mounting system of the same size, etc?

1 hour ago, dividead said:

They are not soldered. That is what I  was asking, are Gateron and Outemu switches compatible/ do they have the same position of pins, same size pins, same mounting system of the same size, etc?

I believe gateron uses 2 extra pins for the PCB mount, which won't really matter either way its going to secure into the PCB, so yes you can replace with gateron :) 

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

I believe gateron uses 2 extra pins, which won't really matter either way its going to secure into the PCB, so yes you can replace with gateron :) 

No? Gateron switches are completely compatible with Cherry MX switches.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

12 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

No? Gateron switches are completely compatible with Cherry MX switches.

For the mounting style for PCB mount's there are 2 extra, should clarify it better in other post, I apologize :l large.04c5283f-4c0a-4c01-913b-04eff8473b

12 minutes ago, Aytex said:

For the mounting style for PCB mount's there are 2 extra, should clarify it better in other post, I apologize :l 

That's true, but those are the same exact things as are on Cherry MX switches of the PCB mount variety. There's nothing different about the way that Gateron switches are mounted. 

Those two pins can also be clipped off if the PCB doesn't support PCB mounted switches.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's true, but those are the same exact things as are on Cherry MX switches of the PCB mount variety. There's nothing different about the way that Gateron switches are mounted. 

Those two pins can also be clipped off if the PCB doesn't support PCB mounted switches.

I wasn't trying to say that they mount differently, was just pointing out the extra pin :l 

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I wasn't trying to say that they mount differently, was just pointing out the extra pin :l 

ah, got it.

Hey! New SIgnature!