PC Case Air Pressure Investigation Pt. 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:19 PM, nicklmg said:

Just spoke with Luke, all intakes on innie are filtered.

Well, at the very least, they are now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Can you just put the computers in a room with a belt sander to speed things up.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

16 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I can understand that, I'm also betting that you just had them on hand.

I just get sick of seeing them personally. The whole "minimalist" thing just really bores and annoys me. If you're going to do something custom, make it stand out from the crowd. At this point, in my mind, building a custom PC in a fractal case is like saying you're going to build a hot rod, and using a mustang. Spit in any direct and you'll hit five of them.

Thought for a video, since I've got you responding (and to be fair, you guys respond A LOT more than I would expect. Seriously, much respect for that.)

Linus works with a 3d graphic designer, or does a drawing or something, and comes up with a design for his ultimate custom case.

And then takes that design to a machine shop and has it built.

I'd be interested to see what he comes up with, and I think a lot of people would as well. Hell, make it a series and have each member of the cast/crew do the same.

Keep up the great work.

Actually I think we specifically requested them for this project :P could be wrong though.

And thanks man, we do try to stay involved with the community here. Most of the time it's worth it xD haha

I think he pretty much did that with his personal rig server chassis. That was the whole point of going with a server chassis if I remember correctly.. "There are only so many configurations for a box, so I'm gonna do something totally different than what most people are doing with their personal PCs."

On 8.12.2016 at 9:08 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

A year after, Luke forgot about it completely

yeah lol, one day the building wil get knocked down and the demo crew will discover rusted away cases and ancient computer parts behind a set wall xD

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

While those 3 PC run for year anyway, could you please use that computing power to some use? There is this awesome project named Folding@home.

If those 3 PC's run for a year the calculations in F@F in Linus tech tips name, I would apreciate you much more.

Link to the Folding@home Project 

i know that this isn't really a scientific test, however what about fan speed?

Fan speed could possible attract more dust.

Wished hardware used were specified.

Really hope that they didn't use different CPU's because maybe different CPU's equal too different operation temperature which could equal to the fan spinning at different speeds which could effect the end result 

• 4 months later...

Shoot me for this post on an old thread but since it is an on going "experiment" I figured it be ok?

So how it this going? Have you all forgotten about those poor cases xD

On 12/15/2016 at 6:23 AM, Greggio said:

While those 3 PC run for year anyway, could you please use that computing power to some use? There is this awesome project named Folding@home.

If those 3 PC's run for a year the calculations in F@F in Linus tech tips name, I would apreciate you much more.

Link to the Folding@home Project 

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

• 3 months later...

I am still really interested in the conclusion to this

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 12/8/2016 at 0:08 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

A year after, Luke forgot about it completely

Woah that's what happened

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 8:20 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Did the construction affect this test? We definitely need at least an update on that?

No, the heaps of drywall dust in and around the systems are totally natural phenomenon.

Kappa

Pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

THE ANTICIPATION

Only scrapyard wars videos are more desired than the followup to this video

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 months later...

Does anyone still remember the 1-year project LTT started last December? 

Hint: Inny, Outy, and In-betweeny

I post this just in case they might've forgotten, or to find out if that project has been canceled for some reason(and I didn't get the news, maybe)

People haven't forgotten, because threads similar to this one get posted like twice a month at the very least. In some WAN show they said the PC's were still running, but I guess we will have to wait some time to get the conclusion.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

People haven't forgotten, because threads similar to this one get posted like twice a month at the very least. In some WAN show they said the PC's were still running, but I guess we will have to wait some time to get the conclusion.

man, that sucks. i'm really looking foreward to the conclusion on this.

38 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

man, that sucks. i'm really looking foreward to the conclusion on this.

What sucks? I said the experiment was still ongoing!

My post and the post above mine got merged into this thread, if that wasn't clear..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

16 minutes ago, Minibois said:

What sucks? I said the experiment was still ongoing!

My post and the post above mine got merged into this thread, if that wasn't clear..

yeah i got confused there :P 

anyway, the conclusion should be here any day now. there's not that much time left in this year

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

yeah i got confused there :P 

anyway, the conclusion should be here any day now. there's not that much time left in this year

their video went up to YT on the 8th of december, so I imagine it started about the 1st maybe, so I'm expecing it to go up on floatplane around the 8th again and YT a week later. 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

On 11/27/2017 at 2:21 AM, Nicnac said:

This thread has been through a lot.... Why is everyone so crazy about these dusty pcs lol

I'd say people are interested because not many YouTubers(or content creators) actually follow up on "such tests", in this case being 1 year dust-accumulation benchmark thingy. I guess its intriguing. I've personally not seen more than 3-4 videos of people doing such long follow-ups with their components etc. It may also give people an idea how long they can get away with being lazy and not cleaning their cases(me included). :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now....

I do believe in a god: Libertina, the goddess of the sea, apple pie, certain types of ice cream and short bits of string.

27 minutes ago, Phieus said:

Not long now....

Hopefully...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

No worries they have not forgotten.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

No worries they have not forgotten.

Yay!

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D