• Topre
    • Buckling Spring
    • Kailh Red
    • Kailh Blue
    • Kailh Brown
    • Razer Green
    • Razer Orange
    • "Mem-chanical," "mecha-membrane" or other 'mechanical feel' switch
    • Membrane (like you actually PREFER membrane, not just that you don't have a mechanical
    • Outemu/Greetech/Other (specify in comments, 20 option limit)
    • I don't have a favorite type (never tried a mechanical)
    • Logitech Romer-G
    • Gateron (specify in comments)
    • ALPS (specify in comments)

1 minute ago, DarkKnightVFX said:

It's not even just based on my person opinion but they're also what I believed to be the fan favorite switch. Guess they have been out beaten by browns lol.

Browns have always been the go to switch. Reds have always been pretty unpopular to the community at large because they're far too light for most people. Only reason that reds were thought to be popular is because they were the "gaming" switch for a while.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

25 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Yeah. I've bought a few things from them. Besides, LTT makes a point of not accepting sponsorships from companies that are crap. So you're good on that one. Also, Massdrop has quickly become one of the defacto sellers for keyboard stuff, since that community has almost always done all of their stuff based on group buys, as it's about the only way to get large volume manufacturers (like almost all keyboard makers are) to do something custom. Regardless, massdrop is a hell of a lot more trustworthy than Group Buys from places like geekhack, etc. are.

That's good. ? Thank you for letting me know.

3 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Browns have always been the go to switch. Reds have always been pretty unpopular to the community at large because they're far too light for most people. Only reason that reds were thought to be popular is because they were the "gaming" switch for a while.

Huh, didn't know that. The lightness makes it the most ideal for gaming imo. Not a whole lot of a difference from the browns but I did prefer them. They're pretty similar overall besides the weight. Kinda like blues and greens.

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

That's good. ? Thank you for letting me know.

yup! Just be aware that there are occasionally delays that can be up to ~6 months or so, although that's extremely uncommon. Also, if that does happen, you can still request a refund at any time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

yup! Just be aware that there are occasionally delays that can be up to ~6 months or so, although that's extremely uncommon. Also, if that does happen, you can still request a refund at any time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Any idea why the delays happen sometimes?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Any idea why the delays happen sometimes?

Issues with shipping or the manufacturer, generally.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

36 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Issues with shipping or the manufacturer, generally.

Ah.  It's good that doesn't happen often.   

Browns are the best for me. Among Cherry switches, blues are too loud and reds feel too mushy to my fingers. I also tried out Romer-Gs on the G910, but didn't like it very much. The keypress felt kind of "hollow", and the weirdly shaped keycaps didn't help much either.

On 12/5/2016 at 6:49 PM, Technicolors said:

I like MX Browns, but I want to branch into MX clears. Very few boards come with clears though, unless I want to shell out which I would like to avoid lol. Also would really like to try Topre, but we all know how much Topres are... 

I got Clears and I'm really happy with them. I have a WASD Code and it's not much more expensive than a K70. At first I thought they were a little too stiff, but after using it for a few days and either getting used to it or it slightly 'breaking in,' it's great. I tend to have pretty heavy typing fingers and I also fat finger keys from time to time when I'm gaming so the extra resistance is nice.

damn it too poor for a mech

I don't have a mechanical keyboard

• 1 month later...

I have a really nice old membrane. Mmmmmm

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Blues are just the best. 'Gamers' are full of shit. Delusional adequacy through inferior speculation

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

4 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

Blues are just the best. 'Gamers' are full of shit. Delusional adequacy through inferior speculation and/or specification addictions.

Zealistotles are straight up a better clicky switch in every way.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

11 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Zealistotles are straight up a better clicky switch in every way.

Good for you. I care about straight down clicky switches

xD 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Corsair Strafe RGB with MX Browns. Feelsgoodman. First mechanical keyboard and I'm loving it :D 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X @4.3Ghz All-Core with Stock Cooler

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4

RAM: Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 RAM @3000Mhz

GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2080 Super 8GB

PSU: Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Storage 1: Phison 500 GB NVME SSD

Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB NVME SSD

Case: Inwin 146 ATX Case

Peripherals

Mouse: Logitech G Pro X Superlight

Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition

Headset: Drop x Sennheiser PC38x

Monitor 1: LG 27GL850-B 1440p @144hz Nano-IPS Monitor

Monitor 2: Asus VG248Q 1080p @144hz Gaming Monitor

Monitor 3: Asus VG259Q 1080p @144hz IPS Gaming Monitor

Yesterday i got my first mechanical keyboard, aluminum body with white led backlight and kaihl browns for just €70! Very happy so far :)

6 minutes ago, HeroXLazer said:

What about Fosens or ALPS or Matias?

Never heard of the first or the last, fairly new to mechs. That's why there is Other. I really don't want to make like a 50 option list lol, but I'll add some more.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Never heard of the first or the last, fairly new to mechs. That's why there is Other. I really don't want to make like a 50 option list lol, but I'll add some more.

Yeah, I'm addicted to MKs and r/MK. :)

1 minute ago, HeroXLazer said:

Yeah, I'm addicted to MKs and r/MK. :)

Well then... there is a 20 option max so there goes that!

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Hmm brown or blue? 

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Hmm brown or blue? 

<emotion>

Please don't take the color of the switches into consideration. That's Switchist, RGB Browns can be blue too!

</emotion>

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

4 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

<emotion>

Please don't take the color of the switches into consideration. That's Switchist, RGB Browns can be blue too!

</emotion>

I am about to go for Browns. I do coding, LTT so I type quite a lot. I also game ocasionally. How quite are they compared to membranes? (blues and brown). I might need to figure out some loca store in Toronto to test them out first. How is Red. Looking for something not too light and I believe I have asked this before