why do or dont you like Apple MACBOOKS?

MorganO

DO YOU like Apple Macbook/mac/ipads etc  

126 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU like Apple Macbook/mac/ipads etc?

• Yes
    • No

ok things to note before hand

-obviously they are very expensive

-price to performance is bad

-THEY ARE NOT MARKETED TOWARDS GAMERS 

lets keep it on track and civil please , im genuinely interested in seeing peoples opinions 

many thanks :)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

i dislike how locked down OSX feels and is, i dislike that they are insanly shitty price/preformance and i dislike that they arent as easy to upgrade

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

MBP = :x

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i dislike how locked down OSX feels and is, i dislike that they are insanly shitty price/preformance and i dislike that they arent as easy to upgrade

i Agree with all your points

thank you for being civil

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

MBP = :x

for what reasons if i may ask?

I like it. Been using iPad and iPhone for very long time (parents money don't ask) but if it was my own money I wouldn't get it. 

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

This has been discussed before that the MBP's price/performance ratio really isn't bad at all.

i figured it has been but i want to know peoples reasoning behind liking /disliking

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Gaming laptops are all those things as well

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

This has been discussed before that the MBP's price/performance ratio really isn't bad at all.

Dan is right

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

for what reasons if i may ask?

Because they look amazing, build quality is amazing, the OS is super streamlined and beautiful and lots of functionality, the screens are amazing, it has great p2p for an ultra book and it destroys all other ultrabooks in intensive tasks. And did I mention they look amazing?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I like it. Been using iPad and iPhone for very long time (parents money don't ask) but if it was my own money I wouldn't get it. 

interesting

i figured it has been but i want to know peoples reasoning behind liking /disliking

Well there is one thing everone hates and that is price

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Dan is right

Because they look amazing, build quality is amazing, the OS is super streamlined and beautiful and lots of functionality, the screens are amazing, it has great p2p for an ultra book and it destroys all other ultrabooks in intensive tasks. And did I mention they look amazing?

they look amazing and some of the best looking laptops/ultrabooks

I dislike how everything is locked up (it's almost impossible to repair or upgrade), it's also really expensive. But I have to admit the battery life is really impressive.

i dislike how the moment one of them pops up someone feels the need to start an argument.

i have my reasons not to touch apple products, you have your reason to buy apple products, lets just leave it at that.

we dont see full-fledged rants between asus and asrock mobo's on the forum do we? :D

Dan is right

yah but if i want a laptop with the same preformance as the MBP i can get it for less, and i still dislike OSX and the bad upgradability

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Nashiwa said:

I dislike how everything is locked up (it's almost impossible to repair or upgrade), it's also really expensive. But I have to admit the battery life is really impressive.

Same with every ultrabook. Except batteru

Spoiler

AXIOM

Very well built it seems and are quite good looking as far as laptops go. OS X actually seems fantastic for productivity.

I certainly don't need a laptop, but i'd defo pick up a MacBook if i could. Would not buy a "gaymin" laptop. Just too trashy imo. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah but if i want a laptop with the same preformance as the MBP i can get it for less, and i still dislike OSX and the bad upgradability

Name me an ultrabook with better upgradability. And if you are looking for that why arent you talking crap about the XPS and Zenbook series

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

we dont see full-fledged rants between asus and asrock mobo's on the forum do we? :D

Because people here are stupid and forget the thing they recommended 1 post before

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Well there is one thing everone hates and that is price

i agree but then again 

for the pixel XL 128gb its £819

and the iphone 7plus 128gb is the same price :/

I like the design and the idea behind them.

I hate: Price, compatibility, ports count, adapters, iOS

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Thony said:

I like the design and the idea behind them.

AGREED with price,compatibiblity, port and the adapters 

i agree but then again 

for the pixel XL 128gb its £819

and the iphone 7plus 128gb is the same price :/

Google is trying to compete with the iPhone. hence they abandoned the Nexus name 

Same with every ultrabook. Except batteru

maybe for the same reason the person you quoted also doesnt buy non-mac ultrabooks ;)

mind you that this isnt necessarily a "mac vs similar non-mac products" thread, but rather a "why do you or dont you buy apple products"

to which for me the simple answer would be "i'm not interested in the type of product they provide"

1 minute ago, Thony said:

I

They arent that expensive. iOS is 10x better than Android for general usability, and those ports are 10x more useful than any other port.Adapters is true tho

Spoiler

AXIOM

Since Mountain Lion and iOS 7 their operating systems have gone downhill IMO.