Phantom: Antique Noctua

Oké, my plexiglass arrived. Sadly not all off it haha! 
Will show more pictures of the plexiglass later this week. I have much more work to do. 

• Cutting out the text "noctua". 
  • Making the LED IO switch.
  • Making the LED Case feet. 
  • Try to get the plexiglass mat. 

Very well packed, my god.. I am really happy with these guys. 

7KEbok9.jpg?1

ndarKwN.jpg?1

Drink enough water every day! As well natural nuts are amazing and healthy! 

JIw9ymU.jpg?1

Best drill EU. I love these, they are super sharp and straight. 3,2mm. Used these to drill out the rivets. 

Sw7QZZe.jpg?2

Forgot to take picture with the top on, you simply unscrew like ~9 screws or so and tada! 

tuYANy5.jpg?1

Here are a few rivets that I removed. They are in the middle of the picture, i'm to lazy to edit it to make it more clear. 

FYDLjhm.jpg?1

And here is the 5,25" bays OUT! You can see the leftover rivets on the left and my awesome drilling machine. AEG <3

AczYGD2.jpg?1

Then the dremel came into play to cut away 3,5" bays! This won't be visable so I did not put to much time into it to get a nice straight cut. 

Q8kihHV.jpg?1

This wasn't going to go well here. So I had to drill out the whole cage so I could cut the cage. 

lwjzND8.jpg?1

OXJZfuT.jpg?1

WDxZrzp.jpg?1

So, my plexiglass is slightly to big! :[ Will have to cut some off.. Measurements are correct, I just messed up, I think. 

KEztq06.jpg?1

The plexiglass! :]

8Mwshy6.jpg?1

Cutting off 2/3mm was very scary, but plexiglass is really awesome to cut. It's pretty soft so very easy to work with. 

St6yGme.jpg?1

2dhePIv.jpg?1

Perfect! It's actually a pretty hard time to get it in, but once it's in place.. It won't have to come out anymore. 

RcCO0GW.jpg?1

Random picture I took on accident. Actually shows a cut I made as well pretty nice. This cut won't be visable but I will clean it up anyway! ^^ This cut was really needed, to move the sata cables etc to the HDD cage. 

dq7eEWH.jpg?1

So that's it for now, I will hopefully update somewhere this week. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have no idea what i'm doing here :ph34r: , but do you have an update?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I read all 8 pages! Damn You! No conclusion....

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I have no idea what i'm doing here :ph34r: , but do you have an update?

I honestly, do have a couple things I could update.. but I prefer to make my next update the finished build. 

I read all 8 pages! Damn You! No conclusion....

Hah, I am sorry. I will simply put it. 

Because of personal issues I lost a lot of my motivation for this build log. 

Oi Kiwi, less CS: GO and more updates... :D

Maybe in a month or so I can get it finished. I am indeed playing CS:GO a bunch, but also am very busy with work. Work from 8 till 8 today so.. yes. I keep looking at my PC every day and know it is not a lot of work anymore, I only got 1 big issue with the PCI-E power cables. Once I plug them in.. PC won't boot. So I have to get this fixed, I allready tried to replug every single pin and that didn't help.. so I will try different connectors next time to see if that helps. 

No promises, but just a "maybe in about a month". 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

So, that'll be around december, then. Thx for the update :)

Seems about right ;)

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

So, that'll be around december, then. Thx for the update :)

Now that I think about it.. 

I should really apply for Valve!

• 9 months later...

Sorry for necroposting but hey,

1. Give us updates, moar updates

2. Clear window with noctua's logo engraved in it would look gorgerous

3. Watercooling with clear or brown fluid? Want it.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish