for games it's the best? I already have the money...

YOu dont posibly need that SSD to be honest. If you wanna go baller, grab the dual GPU's and the 6950X, but grab some nice NVME m.2 SSDs instead of that, seriously, you'd be throwing your money away for gaming.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

3 minutes ago, arthurdemelo123 said:

Titan x sli, and a $8000 4tb nvme ssd for "gaming" would be considered a troll post. 

If you seriously have that amount of money you could build a decent computer without the nvme ssd, and titan xs for thousands cheaper. Get a regular sata 1tb ssd, if you need more gpu power go for 1080 sli.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hV8PQV

Spending almost $10,000 on a computer is ridiculous for "gaming."

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Remember, more expensive doesn't always mean better.

6700K is best for DX11 and lower, but DX12 and vulkan use more cores, so something like a 6850K would be really great

Titan XP SLI is overkill, but if you want, it is the best for gaming

Get a Samsung 960PRO 2TB SSD and be done. you don't need a $8K SSD

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Titan x sli, and a $8000 4tb nvme ssd for "gaming" would be considered a troll post. 

If you seriously have that amount of money you could build a decent computer without the nvme ssd, and titan xs for thousands cheaper. Get a regular sata 1tb ssd, if you need more gpu power go for 1080 sli.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hV8PQV

Spending almost $10,000 on a computer is ridiculous for "gaming."

No not exactly you could spend 10k on a kideney but 12K gaming...

My life

Still WAY too expensive due to the titan XP SLI (seriously dude, just get 1080 SLI) and the M.2 SSD (512GB is good enough, and then an HDD) but if you want, this is good:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2hcBGf

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

13 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Remember, more expensive doesn't always mean better.

6700K is best for DX11 and lower, but DX12 and vulkan use more cores, so something like a 6850K would be really great

Titan XP SLI is overkill, but if you want, it is the best for gaming

Get a Samsung 960PRO 2TB SSD and be done. you don't need a $8K SSD

Hahaha and this guy has got to know how to use the parts properly software wise...

Hopefully hardware wise he doesn't screw up by ...idk...i.e. forcing the M.2 SSD into the RAM slot hahaha 

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I like the DVD writer 

Very important!

you don't want to skimp out on essential features, especially if you are making a $5K build

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Very important!

you don't want to skimp out on essential features, especially if you are making a $5K build

Yes dont forget the floppy drives

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Yes dont forget the floppy drives

Or the IDE PCI adapter since we probably lack the super fast IDE standard on the motherboard!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

27 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes 6700k is one of the best but if you want you can get a 10 core i7 6950x and overclock to get a really good futureproof result  

25 minutes ago, Xaring said:

YOu dont posibly need that SSD to be honest. If you wanna go baller, grab the dual GPU's and the 6950X, but grab some nice NVME m.2 SSDs instead of that, seriously, you'd be throwing your money away for gaming.

But the 6950X has been proven to be mostly a waste of your money. There are only one or two use cases where the 6950X has any benefit and that has been marginal at best. Stick with the 6700k or the higher 8-core Intel offers.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

2 hours ago, MrImnotMLG said:

But the 6950X has been proven to be mostly a waste of your money. There are only one or two use cases where the 6950X has any benefit and that has been marginal at best. Stick with the 6700k or the higher 8-core Intel offers.

personally i would get a 6 core best of best world a 5820k is a beast and futureproof but for him he can burn money so he can afford something like a 6950x and overclock that thing