Can i use an fm2+ cpu on a am3+ motherboard?

Hi i have a amd fm2+ motherboard and i want to upgrade my cpu.but i found out i have one of the best for gaming. (amd athlon 860k black edition) so i figured that i could get an new motherboard and plop my cpu into that. so i can later upgrade my cpu. So can i use my fm2+ cpu on an am3+= motherboard.

For the ones who want to know i want the msi 970A g43 PLUS.

Just now, Daniel2 said:

Hi i have a amd fm2+ motherboard and i want to upgrade my cpu.but i found out i have one of the best for gaming. (amd athlon 860k black edition) so i figured that i could get an new motherboard and plop my cpu into that. so i can later upgrade my cpu. So can i use my fm2+ cpu on an am3+= motherboard.

For the ones who want to know i want the msi 970A g43 PLUS.

no

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

No, it needs to be on the same socket. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

No

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

fm2 and am3 are the socket types of the CPU, not just the motherboard models, so they'll only work if you have a cpu and motherboard with the same socket.

You can put a FM2 processor into a FM2+ board, but i dont think there's any "good" fm2 cpu's. It doesn't work the other way around though.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

just wait for Zen to get released, it's not far off. 

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Depends on how much the zen will cost.Im not that rich. And the performance.  if i can get the same performance from an intel chip ill might get that. I will give it a look tho

Nope you cannot.

But honnestly you really dont want to buy a Msi 970A-G43 motherboard in the first place.

Those Msi 970A G43 / G45 and G46 are rubbish.

They are pretty much the worst am3+ boards ever made.

If you currently have a 860K cpu, then i would recommend a A88X fm2+ motherboard.