Why is Corsair RM series Bad?

ViruZ_HUN

Hello!

I still dont understand. i saw a fue comments yesterday and thye said somethign about Corsair RM series is bad. but i dont remember what?.

I am thinking about a Corsair RM1000. its a very good price and gold rated and fully modular but people said that its bad on some way what??

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Hello!

I still dont understand. i saw a fue comments yesterday and thye said somethign about Corsair RM series is bad. but i dont remember what?.

I am thinking about a Corsair RM1000. its a very good price and gold rated and fully modular but people said that its bad on some way what??

Shitty capacitors.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

whats wrong with them?

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

The Corsair RM Series uses CapXxon capacitors for the secondary capacitors. The capacitors are low quality, which is a no-no, especially for a high end PSU.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Nothing, all of the corsair PSU are good

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

don't spread things that aren't true please

I am not, they are all generally good PSUs

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Shitty capacitors.

What is that?

First thing, Why do you need 1000 Watt PSU if you are going to cheapen out in PSU ?.

dont ask, answer my question

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I am not, they are all generally good PSUs

I have a corsair PSU, I got it because they used to use Seasonic OEM for their PSU's so I was just buying a cheaper seasonic that looks better.

now they are using a different OEM

I have the Corsair RM Series 1000 Watt and i don't see why it's bad. Works fine for me.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

If poor-quality capacitors are a worry to you, just remember: 5 year warranty. If they're promising a 5 year warranty, they'll be expecting them to last for much longer.

Corsair have been good for RMAs in my experience, a freak k60 issue, before you ask. though in my case, I decided to skip on the overseas shipping (Less of a problem in the USA I presume) and just returned it to my local store; so be sure to pick it up from a good nearby store.

Shitty capacitors.

Really? I have a RM750 and have been having problems with turning my PC on. 

- Press power button

- Nothing happens

- Switch power plug to different socket

- Press power button

- Powers up fine

I have to repeat that cycle everyday, is that anything to do with it or?

Shitty capacitors.

The Corsair RM Series uses CapXxon capacitors for the secondary capacitors. The capacitors are low quality, which is a no-no, especially for a high end PSU.

Actually they use Ltec low noise Caps on them which have a bad reputation but aren't really that bad.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I have the Corsair RM Series 1000 Watt and i don't see why it's bad. Works fine for me.

You will see in a few years.

If poor-quality capacitors are a worry to you, just remember: 5 year warranty. If they're promising a 5 year warranty, they'll be expecting them to last for much longer.

Corsair have been good for RMAs in my experience, a freak k60 issue, before you ask. though in my case, I decided to skip on the overseas shipping (Less of a problem in the USA I presume) and just returned it to my local store.

Yeah, most people (including me) expect the capacitors to stop around that 5 year. If you look at the history of CapXon and Ltec caps they never really lasted very long. And sinds the fan of the RM xxx (forgot the exact model number and source; google it) only starts to spin at 80% the caps can get nice and hot. Techpowerup even says there aren't even heatsinks on the secondary side (http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/RM750/4.html)

The only way to see how long they last however is to wait.

Nothing, all of the corsair PSU are good

Never judge a PSU on its brand (except maybe brands like MS-Tech). Always look at the OEM and read reviews and look what is inside.

The Corsair AX760 for example is very good (Seasonic KM3). The RM is trash. The only problem is that you can also get a Seasonic KM3 PSU for €40,- less, like the Cooler Master V700 (http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=360).

Actually they use Ltec low noise Caps on them which have a bad reputation but aren't really that bad.

On the units with less wattage they use CapXon. And Ltec is pretty bad for a PSU in this price range.

And TS, why do you think to be needing 1000w? Its kinda overkill for most builds.

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

Really? I have a RM750 and have been having problems with turning my PC on. 

- Press power button

- Nothing happens

- Switch power plug to different socket

- Press power button

- Powers up fine

I have to repeat that cycle everyday, is that anything to do with it or?

what do you mean?

´--------------------------------------------

What do capacitors dO?

also i heard Rms eries turns fans only on after 60% load? can i change that to turn on Direct when i start the PC. Noise dont annoy me. also i realised that i have Coil whine in my system. i hear this eletronik noises from my GPU. but it dont annoy mme. 

Okay seems that these RM series are a bit untrustable for me. So do someone know a good 1000 watt PSU for a good price and from a trusted manufacurer and need at least be Gold rated?

what do you mean?

My PC doesn't turn on unless I switch the plug to a different plug socket every time. Still actually works fine though.

My PC doesn't turn on unless I switch the plug to a different plug socket every time. Still actually works fine though.

it it becuze of the PSU?

Okay seems that these RM series are a bit untrustable for me. So do someone know a good 1000 watt PSU for a good price and from a trusted manufacurer and need at least be Gold rated?

Since it seem you are set on getting a 1000w unit basing on the numerous of threads you have made, my recommendation in that price range of the RM series are the EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2, Cooler Master V1000, or Seasonic X 1050w

it it becuze of the PSU?

I think so, still trying to figure out the problem.

Since it seem you are set on getting a 1000w unit basing on the numerous of threads you have made, my recommendation in that price range of the RM series are the EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2, Cooler Master V1000, or Seasonic X 1050w

i like the cooler master one, seasonic have a bit strange coulors ontop of the PSU, and EVGAs PSUs skin looks like some old oven

I think so, still trying to figure out the problem.

Does it work if you just unplug it and plug it back in?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!