DO NOT USE IOBIT's DRIVER BOOSTER!

On Friday, I used IObit's Driver Booster to get some old drivers up to date. One of the drivers said it needed a reboot to finish installing, So I decided to game for the rest of the day then shut down and went to bed.

Next morning I got up early to start Far Cry 4, However when my PC was booting it was complaining that it could not boot into Windows. So I took a look around the Window's diagnostic Tools and what do you know, It was one of the driver's Iobit updated that in the end bricked my PC.

The driver was for a Intel Xeon 1200/1500 series Server Processor meanwhile I am running a Core i5-6600k. I spent around 10 hours trying to fix my PC, unfortunately i ended up having to reinstall Windows.

And today I am finishing up installing my apps and then I am going to reinstall my steam/origin games.

why though

4 minutes ago, Dr_Nooberious said:

IObit's Driver Booster to get some old drivers up to date

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

IObit products are somewhat troublemakers.

For instance, ASC(Advance SystemCare) modifies too much registry, and sometimes that leads to the crash of PC.

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

why though

I thought it was a good idea at the time, if I had known I would not have done it at all.

1 minute ago, PenPoint said:

For instance, ASC(Advance SystemCare) modifies too much registry, and sometimes that leads to the crash of PC.

Then it is a good thing that I don't use it them.

Where do you get this info? please and thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Nooberious said:

On Friday, I used IObit's Driver Booster to get some old drivers up to date. One of the drivers said it needed a reboot to finish installing, So I decided to game for the rest of the day then shut down and went to bed.

Next morning I got up early to start Far Cry 4, However when my PC was booting it was complaining that it could not boot into Windows. So I took a look around the Window's diagnostic Tools and what do you know, It was one of the driver's Iobit updated that in the end bricked my PC.

The driver was for a Intel Xeon 1200/1500 series Server Processor meanwhile I am running a Core i5-6600k. I spent around 10 hours trying to fix my PC, unfortunately i ended up having to reinstall Windows.

And today I am finishing up installing my apps and then I am going to reinstall my steam/origin games.

one day, it installed Toshiba generic mouse pad driver on my laptop

Just now, _chuck1z said:

one day, it installed Toshiba generic mouse pad driver on my laptop

Luckily for me, I have backups of my games and a separate hard drive.

Just now, Dr_Nooberious said:

Luckily for me, I have backups of my games and a separate hard drive.

still, xeon on i5. Very funny

1 minute ago, Dr_Nooberious said:

Then it is a good thing that I don't use it them.

Where do you get this info? please and thank you.

experience really

How did they even...

do u have a screenshot or something on task manager or device manager (when it has xeon driver), wanna make a meme about it lol

1 minute ago, _chuck1z said:

do u have a screenshot or something on task manager or device manager (when it has xeon driver), wanna make a meme about it lol

Nope, sorry. I couldn't even get into windows.

Unless you want me to install The Driver Booster again and check if it will do it again?

Nope, sorry. I couldn't even get into windows.

Unless you want me to install The Driver Booster again and check if it will do it again?

lol

I generally stay away from "automatic free driver updater trust me im a dolphin" software

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

14 minutes ago, PenPoint said:

I used to use ASC but after all the crashes I had after installing it, I used ccleaner to fix the registry and uninstalled it. When IObit works its fine, but it rarely works so...

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

6 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

I generally stay away from "automatic free driver updater trust me im a dolphin" software

5 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

I used to use ASC but after all the crashes I had after installing it, I used ccleaner to fix the registry and uninstalled it. When IObit works its fine, but it rarely works so...

So true, I am done with them hence why I made this topic.