Ouya 2.0. Coming 'Sometime next year'

BalloonZaptor

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/ouya-2-confirmed-what-to-expect-from-the-next-gen-android-console

This looks interesting. With a Tegra 4 processor we could see alot of competition. If it sells at a good price it might be a better go-to than the Nvidia Shield. If it has a good amount of unique features of course.

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

Wasn't the Ouya a complete failure though....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

All they're probably going to do, is tweak their Android overlay and upgrade the CPU. They could fit so much more into that amount of space. I mean jeez. Phones have better hardware.

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw

Yes, i didn't think they would have any funding

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Why do they even try, I just don't understand

Edit: triple post

Quad post lol

All they're probably going to do, is tweak their Android overlay and upgrade the CPU. They could fit so much more into that amount of space. I mean jeez. Phones have better hardware.

The Tegra 4 is the best chip for Phones etc and very few devices have the Tegra 4 yet

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

This might change that.

Why do they even try, I just don't understand

Edit: triple post

Yeah.They need to get some very Unique features for it to make a good standing

The Tegra 4 is the best chip for Phones etc and very few devices have the Tegra 4 yet

I disagree. I don't think the Tegra 4 is the best chip for phones. Simply uses too much power while something like Snapdragon 800 has a much better balance. Snapdragon 800 also includes cellular connectivity while Tegra 4 requires manufacturers to add that themselves later. If you then take things like Quick Charge, USB 3.0 support, 802.11ac (which is built into Snapdragon 800 chips) and a bunch of other things into consideration then Tegra 4 makes no sense for a phone, or tablet to be honest.

Anyway I might get an OUYA 2 if it has a Tegra 4 or better processor and it keeps the ~100 dollar pricetag. Would be great as a HTPC. Emulators and streaming video to my TV for 100 dollars? Yes please. Tegra 3 is not quite powerful enough for that though, which is why I didn't get the original OUYA.

I disagree. I don't think the Tegra 4 is the best chip for phones. Simply uses too much power while something like Snapdragon 800 has a much better balance. Snapdragon 800 also includes cellular connectivity while Tegra 4 requires manufacturers to add that themselves later. If you then take things like Quick Charge, USB 3.0 support, 802.11ac (which is built into Snapdragon 800 chips) and a bunch of other things into consideration then Tegra 4 makes no sense for a phone, or tablet to be honest.

Anyway I might get an OUYA 2 if it has a Tegra 4 or better processor and it keeps the ~100 dollar pricetag. Would be great as a HTPC. Emulators and streaming video to my TV for 100 dollars? Yes please. Tegra 3 is not quite powerful enough for that though, which is why I didn't get the original OUYA.

Yeah i wouldn't mind a Tegra 4 Ouya for $100. I hope they bring more to the table with it, not just a CPU upgrade and a new controller.

the problem with the Ouya 1 wasn't it's hardware, it was it's management. That lead lady (name escapes me and I don't care enough to look it up) just handled the whole thing terribly - presentation, marketing, availability, dedication to original backers, etc etc

the problem with the Ouya 1 wasn't it's hardware, it was it's management. That lead lady (name escapes me and I don't care enough to look it up) just handled the whole thing terribly - presentation, marketing, availability, dedication to original backers, etc etc

Julie Uhrman. Yeah what i seen was mainly the Marketing. Nobody outside of the tech world had a clue what it was, and that was probably one of it's biggest flaws.

Julie Uhrman. Yeah what i seen was mainly the Marketing. Nobody outside of the tech world had a clue what it was, and that was probably one of it's biggest flaws.

agreed, though much worse on that. from what I remember...

- Every single press event/conference, there were no games to show

- She constantly said this GAME console would be great and bring us great....GAMES (see above)

- No push to grab developers or give them incentive to develop for it

- More and more presentations about how great of a GAME console it was....still no games to show (see above)

- No real marketing outside of trade show presentations

- Not even providing all Ouya units to the original kickstarter backers, YET SELLING THEM to new customers already

agreed, though much worse on that. from what I remember...

- Every single press event/conference, there were no games to show

- She constantly said this GAME console would be great and bring us great....GAMES (see above)

- No push to grab developers or give them incentive to develop for it

- More and more presentations about how great of a GAME console it was....still no games to show (see above)

- No real marketing outside of trade show presentations

- Not even providing all Ouya units to the original kickstarter backers, YET SELLING THEM to new customers already

^ Agreed. They really need to pull out all stops to make the next one 'good'.

Hope they don't fail as bad as they did with the original ouya.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I don't really get why the OUYA 1 got so much flack. My guess is that the thought process of people went something along these lines:

Person: OUYA seems amazing! I can play a bunch of Android games on my big screen TV!

*OUYA arrives*

Person: What the hell is this? It's just a bunch of Android games on my TV...

What did people expect?

I don't really get why the OUYA 1 got so much flack. My guess is that the thought process of people went something along these lines:

Person: OUYA seems amazing! I can play a bunch of Android games on my big screen TV!

*OUYA arrives*

Person: What the hell is this? It's just a bunch of Android games on my TV...

What did people expect?

reading that out loud to myself made me crack up hahahahaha

lol the snapdragon 800 has a more powerful cpu & gpu. It's out on phones, but the 800 is more powerful and efficient.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

lol the snapdragon 800 has a more powerful cpu & gpu. It's out on phones, but the 800 is more powerful and efficient.

I am not so sure Snapdragon 800 is more powerful as far as CPU goes. The Tegra 4 does have four Cortex A15 cores, which is insane. They use far more power, are less efficient (at least from what I've seen in tests) and produces a lot more heat though, which makes them less suitable for phones. Also all the stuff about connectivity built into Snapdragon 800 which I talked about on the previews page.

None of that really matters for an OUYA though.

i never liked the idea of the ouya,  and neither did any devs!

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/ouya-2-confirmed-what-to-expect-from-the-next-gen-android-console

This looks interesting. With a Tegra 4 processor we could see alot of competition. If it sells at a good price it might be a better go-to than the Nvidia Shield. If it has a good amount of unique features of course.

Tegra 4? By the time this comes out they will be releasing tegra 5. The ouya was a good concept but it didn't work out. If I were one of the ouya employees I'd grab my cash and run.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.