Ethernet port stop lighting up when cable connected.

mrchow19910319

As the title said.... Ethernet port just all of a sudden stopped light up. 

And now I am putting in my back up wifi adapter. 

When I try to use windows to diagnose it shows me these result.

Also I have tried to download the driver from intel's website, still no luck, says I have some sort of problem on my current driver or something.....

Please help. I do not want to use wifi forever.... The speed is not as fast as a cable.

Also I have tried to switch to another cable, no luck at all .

Here are some screenshot.

I want to know that if my mobo's network card is dead, can I buy another one (PCIE one or sth?) to replace it??? Cos I do not want to change to another mobo..... 

My GPU just died last week so......  Just bought a RX 480 and now this....

Image 1.pngImage 2.png

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I have a PCIe Intel NIC and during the driver installation I also got this error. It has no influence on the normal operation of this card at all.

Only like it states, you can't create ANS Teams and Virtual LANS. Just press no that you don't want to install that feature.

First try to reinstall the driver and sencondly try older versions.

You can also check with like a live Liux if your hardware is working and it really just is a driver issue.
If it doesn't work at all and your hardware keeps dieing in your system i'd take a look at the PSU if it is on some kind of a quest to destroy all of your hardware.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

12 minutes ago, Thx And Bye said:

I have a PCIe Intel NIC and during the driver installation I also got this error. It has no influence on the normal operation of this card at all.

Only like it states, you can't create ANS Teams and Virtual LANS. Just press no that you don't want to install that feature.

First try to reinstall the driver and sencondly try older versions.

You can also check with like a live Liux if your hardware is working and it really just is a driver issue.
If it doesn't work at all and your hardware keeps dieing in your system i'd take a look at the PSU if it is on some kind of a quest to destroy all of your hardware.

Older version still does not work . Here's the screen shot./

I will try to use a linux live usb to try whether it works or not. If it does not work  I am 90% sure it was my PSU dying.

Otherwise my GPU would not all of a sudden died.... 

Will post more tomorrow. Image 3.png

7 hours ago, Thx And Bye said:

Now everything is fine..... I turned off the PSU manually then turned it back up, does it mean that my PSU has some sort of issue???

A week ago my gpu was fried, then ppl suggest that it was my PSU causing it. 

Maybe I should consider buying a new one?? Just in case??? Cos I am using a brand new rx480 I don't wanna fry it.... 

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Maybe I should consider buying a new one?

If you have a rather cheap model I'd suggest you to replace it. If you have a good model I'd only consider it if there is clear evidence that it has a problem.
If you decide to buy a new one look for SeaSonic oder SuperFlower PSUs. And you don't really need more then 550W. Probably a 450W one would fit your system very nice, but depeds on the model you want to buy, not every series has every wattage but 550W is pretty common.
Also consider the PSU Tier lists here in the forum or on the pcmasterrace reddit as a good source for a psu.

If you really want to be sure about a new psu, this site is the holy grail of PSU reviews:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

10 minutes ago, Thx And Bye said:

If you have a rather cheap model I'd suggest you to replace it. If you have a good model I'd only consider it if there is clear evidence that it has a problem.
If you decide to buy a new one look for SeaSonic oder SuperFlower PSUs. And you don't really need more then 550W. Probably a 450W one would fit your system very nice, but depeds on the model you want to buy, not every series has every wattage but 550W is pretty common.
Also consider the PSU Tier lists here in the forum or on the pcmasterrace reddit as a good source for a psu.

If you really want to be sure about a new psu, this site is the holy grail of PSU reviews:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

I updated my thread here... And someone suggested this might be a motherboard issue.... 

I am torn.

My psu model is RM650. 

Definitely not a cheap one. 

I have to rule one every possibility. Which is a pain in the ass.....