DIY NZXT HUE+! So easy anyone could do it! (update)

This is a really cool project. Wish I had found out about it before I started my own (somewhat simpler version) that piggybacked off Aura for the software interface.

On 5/22/2017 at 10:26 AM, WarbossChoppa said:

This project is very similar to the custom controller someone made for the Corsair HD RGB fans. They use a Arduino Mini Pro. I'm just waiting for a better tutorial to be made before I attempt to make it. But if anyone's curious on it there's a whole thread here about it http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165029

I wrote a guide for doing that, its not really simple, but you should be able to follow along. See my signature. Just pay attention to the relevant parts, as you won't need all the Aura digitization stuff. You should be able to just re-use/comment out parts of my code as there are a couple of non-aura dependent modes, and a couple that rely very lightly on it. The color wave mode will work straight up and the chasers could be got going with a couple of changes. Let me know if you want some help.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

• 5 months later...

arduino is not detected by the app. tho i'm using normal usb connector instead of an internal connector.

arduino is not detected by the app. tho i'm using normal usb connector instead of an internal connector.

• 2 months later...

Pretty cool project. I thoght about doing this for my self but i found out that this is really complicated.

So i crossed over this project and i had to try it out. So the problem is: i connected everithing and ran your app. The app found my arduino and i connected to it but it wont show the right colors. first i thought the RGB is not configured correctly for my Strip but changing the option doesnt solve the problem. The next thing is that the stripe flickers like crazy.

Im using an Arduino Uno and an WS2812B LED Strip what is wrong and how could i fix this?

13 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Try running a example from the fastLED library for example cylon. But before check that you have connected the ground from the strip to the PSU and arduino. 

ps. Do you have a Oscilloscope?

I dont have a power supply, I connected my strip straight to the arduino. I only use 20 LED's, the raspberry should provide enough power for this tiny strip.

The example from the library runs great.

• 1 month later...

Hey @dany_boy Amazing project! Been searching for months such thing like this,

I'd love to add if you can add some features from Razer such as stargaze/ etc.

Love the project! Keep it up!

• 1 month later...

Project done!

I fixed the problem and it is working perfectly with Arduino UNO ATMega!

I just put a USB with the arduino for 1M  60 LED Strips and worked without another power supply.

Regards

• 2 months later...

i get this error when i click scan for leds. can anyone help

error.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey I know this topic is really old, and I'm not sure you're still doing anything with it, but I have an odd issue where the light effects slowly speed up more and more over time?

• 2 months later...

Hey Dany saw the video. Awesome Work. Can this be done on cable mod cables? Mine is a 5 pin rgbw strip.