Apple's New $300 Picturebook

nicklmg

So, you are here for the giveaways huh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lol so far this is hilarious

EDIT: this is one of the funniest videos you've made tbh

@nicklmg hm for a copy? free PDFs?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

So that's where this come from huh

15056475_1137823112980799_7729215428997358710_n.jpg?oh=c0a25331525b021e498aa9ade89a114f&oe=58BF81CB

At least make this an eBook. (and sell it on iBooks!)

Intel Core i5-4690 | MSI H97 PC MATE | Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4x4GB) | SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SSD | WD Elements 3TB HDD (internalized) | XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB | Corsair 300R | EVGA 500W PSU | Windows 10 | 4480x900 (1440x900+1600x900+1440x900) | Dell AT101W | Logitech M305

Surface Pro 3 i5/8GB/256GB + 200GB MicroSD

The L Book.

Part of the L series, a new line of innovative products from Linus Media Group. 

So for this coming holiday season, give your loved ones a L.

wasn't paying attention, just clicked on this topic, thinking it was the one in the news section.

See OP changed to nicklmg, what???

See the rest of the pages dissappeared?  dafuq?!

Notices video and thought, wow Apple even made a video about their book

*Stares at the person in the video, squint mode activated* That don't look like Jonathan Ive (Apple Chief Design Officer)

:P

Spoiler

It's Linus

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This looks amazing. I am excited that some businesses still take the time to lovingly hand-craft their products.

I am just concerned that collectors items such as this usually do not make their way to New Zealand, and I feel like I may miss out. I hope they will be shipped internationally.

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

wasn't paying attention, just clicked on this topic, thinking it was the one in the news section.

See OP changed to nicklmg, what???

See the rest of the pages dissappeared?  dafuq?!

Notices video and thought, wow Apple even made a video about their book

*Stares at the person in the video, squint mode activated* That don't look like Jonathan Ive (Apple Chief Design Officer)

:P

Hide contents

It's Linus

i have no idea wtf i just read

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

i have no idea wtf i just read

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Ha!  That was eff'ing brilliant :D

The really surprising thing here for me, is that apple didn't opt for a $300 PDF instead of hardcopy.  Guess they figure even their customers have limits.

4 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I need to buy it just to scan it.

Which somewhat defeats the point. 

You are not scanning a textbook or a comic book which people buy for the content. People would buy this Apple book primarily because it's a nice work of art that people don't mind owning and keeping around the house. A scan can't replicate the materials used in the printing of the book or the feel of owning a physical book. 

Just like there is a difference between owning an expensive painting which you hang in your house vs having a photo of said painting in your smartphone. 

Scan it by all means. You will realise that the people interested in owning this book will not be content to just have a PDF replica of it. 

36 minutes ago, abazigal said:

Which somewhat defeats the point. 

You are not scanning a textbook or a comic book which people buy for the content. People would buy this Apple book primarily because it's a nice work of art that people don't mind owning and keeping around the house. A scan can't replicate the materials used in the printing of the book or the feel of owning a physical book. 

Just like there is a difference between owning an expensive painting which you hang in your house vs having a photo of said painting in your smartphone. 

Scan it by all means. You will realise that the people interested in owning this book will not be content to just have a PDF replica of it. 

There's Apple's taget audience right there.  It would be nice if Apple included the book for free with the new MacBooks. Just to celebrate it's own greatness with it's followers. Charging your (loyal) customers an absolutely absurd amount of money for what is in fact a fancy product catalog is simply bizarre.

It almost seems if Apple tries to see how far they can go without losing credibility.

I kinda find it funny that expensive brands from cars, watches, perfumes, clothing etc can do it without being shamed for idiotic prices, but apple does it and people do have to jump it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.