Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro drivers?

Deadly Duck

Just got a Yoga 3 pro for cheap. Right out of the box I nuked the SSD for a clean install of Win10 because the stock install was rancid with bloat. Lenovo lists so many drivers on thier site compared to a desktop computer.  I get things like the display driver (though i'm having issues with that, more on that later) and audio. But stuff like ATML2000, ACPI, Intel DPTF Driver, do I need them all? What do they do? Also I know on my desktop installs I tend to go to the manufacturer of the component for a newer driver (like I go to Intel for thier up to date NIC driver over the one listed on gigabytes site). Is that something I should do here? Go to the manufacturers site over Lenovos for more up to date drivers? I'm also having issues with the Intel Display Driver, even if I use the one from Lenovos site I get a "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer", I found a work around here  https://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/ and follow it till the end when it's listing all the devices it can install a driver for but my Intel 5300 integrated graphics is not listed and no matter what I click it gives me a error and won't install. The only way to get a display driver installed right now is to let Windows do it. My past experience with window doing drivers is not great but it seems to work ok besides a slight issue with youtube videos, it stutters when going to full screen and when you fist fullscreen the video it doesn't fill the screen, you get like a 10 pixel border where the desktop shows. if I shrink it and open it back up to full screen it fixes it. That sounds like a display driver issue to me. Also think if a display driver is not installed right it would hurt my battery life so either way i'd like to get the display driver issue sorted. 

Second half of this question is about all the utilities Lenovo has for this laptop. What ones should I get? Some are clearly bloat but i would think some would be useful. The have one called Lenovo Yoga Mode Control which sounds useful but when I install it and try and launch it it doesn't open and I don't notice it doing anything. Should I just not install any of this crap? The only thing that doesn't seem to work right is the keyboard back light does not go off when the machine turns off the display for inactivity, that doesn't seem right to me but maybe i'm wrong. Shouldn't it have some sort of battery manager application?  My friend who is a huge Thinkpad buff says it should have some sort of battery reconditioning tool that will drain the battery all the way then charge it, since it's a reconditioned laptop that might be a good idea but I don't see that option anywhere. 

If anyone can just help me out a bit I would be thankful. 

Go to the Device Manager and look for devices that are not correctly detected.

Rightclick -> Properties -> Details -> Hardware IDs

Copy one of them to google and look up what device it is and go to the manufracturer from that chip/device and install the driver.

Get the GPU driver from the manufracturer too and not from Lenovo.

19 hours ago, Deadly Duck said:

Second half of this question is about all the utilities Lenovo has for this laptop. What ones should I get?

If you see no use in them, don't install them. If you do, install them. But at first always assume you need none of them.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-