Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rate my new build /10

Specs:

Gtx 1070 armor

I5 6600k

16gb ddr4 2400mhz

Kraken x61

Z170a kraft gaming 3x

Next s340 elite matte white

250gb Samsung 750 ssd

1tb hdd

Evga g2 650w

Cosmetics:

Coldzero backplate 

Phanteks cable extension kit

14790560291271823602273.jpg

1479056062696-917632585.jpg

14790560925191956413852.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks: 8/10, would be much nicer hardline custom watercooled, but that's expensive, it's maybe a little OTT on the gloss white IMHO?

Component choice: 8/10, I would have gone for more storage, and matt white cables (Sort of looks as well)

Overall: 8/10. It's a very nice build, and looks way better than either of mine.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8.8/10

 

4x4 RAM doesn't allow for expansion to 32GB, but 16 is usually enough (0.2 point down)

Water tubing loops strangely, doesn't look great (1 point down)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

 

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

PSU Tier List

You don't need a big PSU

 

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

 

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Looks: 8/10, would be much nicer hardline custom watercooled, but that's expensive, it's maybe a little OTT on the gloss white IMHO?

Component choice: 8/10, I would have gone for more storage, and matt white cables (Sort of looks as well)

Overall: 8/10. It's a very nice build, and looks way better than either of mine.

Yeah I would have liked a custom loop too but I'm only 16 and didn't have the money lol :) I had to meet a budget otherwise I would have gotten higher quality cables and a better gpu backplate :P however for my first build I'm pretty satisfied :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

9/10 for the budget.

Too much white IMO and should have gone for 2 DIMMS instead of 4

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

 OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL GPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

MY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz and pushing | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560x1080 Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

2017 Audi Q7 | iPhone Xs Max | Apple Watch Series 3 42mm | 2018 MacBook Pro 15" [i7/560X/16GB/256GB] | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | harmon/kardon CL | Apple AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kavaton said:

Yeah I would have liked a custom loop too but I'm only 16 and didn't have the money lol :) I had to meet a budget otherwise I would have gotten higher quality cables and a better gpu backplate :P however for my first build I'm pretty satisfied :D

I know the feeling. I'm 15 and building a full home server network, in addition to trying to stay current with my 2 PCs. I am broke most of the time. Hopefully, Christmas will change this for me.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Psst. Wrong section.

 

Parts: 9/10.

1.Nothing stupid (Yay!). 

2. 4 slots of RAM is fine with me. I get it. It looks better. 16GB should be plenty.

3. Really no need for more storage. What do people even do with a billion hard drives in a personal PC? Hm...

4. Any shot of the open back of the case? Just so we can see the cable management. Looks decent in the front.

 

Aesthetics: 7/10. This is super critical, because I think you can do better. Not to be rude :/

1. Cable extensions seem off-white. Don't know if you can do anything about that... but yknow.

2. SET THE NZXT LOGO TO WHITE. Please. The blue doesn't fit. Unless that's white... Could just be the camera.

3. Can the radiator go the other way? Cable probably looks better that way.

4. It is true that you could go custom loop, but there's no need to. I air cool, looks pretty good IMO. 

5. If you want to take it to the next level, buy a can of spray paint and paint the metal sides of the rad and the top  cooling block. Seems there's a little more black than white. Mostly bc of the PCB of the mobo.

 

Overall: 8.5/10. Feel like you can do better on aesthetics, but you don't have to. Great build overall. 

 

 

Skyggeis Specs:

 

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU
WiFi Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Black 93.4 CFM
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Black 93.4 CFM
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Black 93.4 CFM
Other: Coolermaster VGA Holder
Other: Phanteks LED Strip 1M
Other: Phanteks Fan Splitter

Monitor: Dell S2716DG

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rphawks said:

Psst. Wrong section.

 

Parts: 9/10.

1.Nothing stupid (Yay!). 

2. 4 slots of RAM is fine with me. I get it. It looks better. 16GB should be plenty.

3. Really no need for more storage. What do people even do with a billion hard drives in a personal PC? Hm...

4. Any shot of the open back of the case? Just so we can see the cable management. Looks decent in the front.

 

Aesthetics: 7/10. This is super critical, because I think you can do better. Not to be rude :/

1. Cable extensions seem off-white. Don't know if you can do anything about that... but yknow.

2. SET THE NZXT LOGO TO WHITE. Please. The blue doesn't fit. Unless that's white... Could just be the camera.

3. Can the radiator go the other way? Cable probably looks better that way.

4. It is true that you could go custom loop, but there's no need to. I air cool, looks pretty good IMO. 

5. If you want to take it to the next level, buy a can of spray paint and paint the metal sides of the rad and the top  cooling block. Seems there's a little more black than white. Mostly bc of the PCB of the mobo.

 

Overall: 8.5/10. Feel like you can do better on aesthetics, but you don't have to. Great build overall. 

 

 

The cables are actually pure white it's just the camera same with the logo :) Yeah I wanted to get a different motherboard but it was 150 euro more so I couldn't :( And that is the only way the radiator can go without getting g in the way of the gpu, thanks for the feedback :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×