Any suggestions for tech gifts under $25?

Hulkbert
Go to solution Solved by SPARTAN VI,

Ratcheting screwdriver set: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Kobalt-32Pc-6X-Speed-Drive-Screwdriver-Set-x-1-5-in-Variety-Pack-Screwdriver/50289427?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-Screwdrivers-_-50289427:Kobalt&CAWELAID=&kpid=50289427&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=1591&k_clickID=95744210-41b5-4be9-af39-02bbe1dd942a

I have this one and love it. It's double action, so you can hold the top grip to make left and right twists torque in 1 direction. Only complaint is that the bits are magnetic enough to snap into the bit holder, but not strong enough to pick up screws. Had to couple this with a magnetizer to strengthen them enough to hold screws.

Steel Series 4HD Mouse Pad: https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Professional-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B002J9G5AE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1478536635&sr=1-4&keywords=steelseries+gaming+pad

I have 2 of these on my own personal PCs, and just picked up a 3rd for my bro-in-law's gaming rig. My first one was purchased over 3 years ago and it still looks as new as the one I got last week. Best mouse pads ever. 

So, I have some secret santa thing. I can't give gift cards. What is something really useful and cool? And, possibly ham radio gear (but this is probably the wrong forum for that question).

$25 isn't much... Maybe some new LED fans?

5 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

So, I have some secret santa thing. I can't give gift cards. What is something really useful and cool? And, possibly ham radio gear (but this is probably the wrong forum for that question).

4GB of RAM, a few custom cables, 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

11 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

Logitech desk speakers?
Or maybe those speakers that have the dancing water fountains and the lights?

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Go check last years videos, every youtube channel and their mom has one of these videos :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I5 2500K...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ratcheting screwdriver set: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Kobalt-32Pc-6X-Speed-Drive-Screwdriver-Set-x-1-5-in-Variety-Pack-Screwdriver/50289427?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-Screwdrivers-_-50289427:Kobalt&CAWELAID=&kpid=50289427&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=1591&k_clickID=95744210-41b5-4be9-af39-02bbe1dd942a

I have this one and love it. It's double action, so you can hold the top grip to make left and right twists torque in 1 direction. Only complaint is that the bits are magnetic enough to snap into the bit holder, but not strong enough to pick up screws. Had to couple this with a magnetizer to strengthen them enough to hold screws.

Steel Series 4HD Mouse Pad: https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Professional-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B002J9G5AE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1478536635&sr=1-4&keywords=steelseries+gaming+pad

I have 2 of these on my own personal PCs, and just picked up a 3rd for my bro-in-law's gaming rig. My first one was purchased over 3 years ago and it still looks as new as the one I got last week. Best mouse pads ever. 

3 hours ago, Hulkbert said:

Power banks are always a good gift I've given a couple of times. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Power banks are always a good gift I've given a couple of times. 

The good ones or the ones from ebay, 300000 mah for $17?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Haha if you wanted it to be full of lead weights sure xD 

Now on a serious note, which one would you recommend? I got myself a MS Tresor with 5200 mah for $2.5 on a "garage" sale, but it has only 1A out and 0.8A in. I have googled it but I always value direct input more. Personally I'm leaning towards Jackery Bar. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Now on a serious note, which one would you recommend? I got myself a MS Tresor with 5200 mah for $2.5 on a "garage" sale, but it has only 1A out and 0.8A in. I have googled it but I always value direct input more. Personally I'm leaning towards Jackery Bar. 

I usually recommend Anker's batteries they are quite well equipped for the pricepoint.

https://www.anker.com/products/taxons/107/Portable Chargers

https://www.anker.com/products/A1263011