Techie stuff you want to buy/recieve/give for christmas

I'm making this thread to exchange ideas for what techie stuff you wish to buy, receive or give for Christmas (or your respective holiday). This can be techie stuff you want from people, want to give people or are going to buy for yourself. The hope is that people can discover cool new things they would want. This could be anything from computer parts to a UPS to the YubiKey (which is going to be my contribution, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yubico-Y-072-YubiKey-NEO/dp/B00LX8KZZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478370917&sr=8-1&keywords=ubikey ). Just say what your item is, provide a link if possible and a short description.

The YubiKey is a way to enable an extra layer authentication for your PC/mac, requiring it to be inserted before you can log on, it can also be attached to your keychain. it was featured in the LTT "handy tech for under a 100 dollars episode 10".

And yes I know there are almost 2 months to Christmas but if your family is anything like mine they wanted to know what you wished for a week ago.

IDK, im looking for something techie and cool for my non techie sister. 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Which is the point of this thread, so you can find stuff like that :)

i wouldn't mind a shield tv or a chomecast

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NVIDIA-Shield-Android-Box-Controller/dp/B015CM435I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478374413&sr=8-1&keywords=shield+tv

https://www.google.com/intl/en_nz/chromecast/?utm_source=chromecast.com

Thing is chrome cast ultra doesn't have its release date advertised yet.

I would want an ubuntu phone over these but they are all sold out

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Actually I'd be fairly interested in a 1080p HDR TV for my bedroom - saw the tech at my friends house and High Dynamic Range does make a difference when you're watching/playing supported content. Along with an Xbox One S, I think that's what I'd like to receive. 

As for what I'd like to give, most of my friends and family don't own a smart tv, but some have very decent 1080p TV's so I'd like to give a Chromecast - they're simple to set up for the less tech-savvy and don't cost an arm and a leg. Cheap streaming of Netflix, YouTube, Twitch, Now TV etc etc, without paying a few hundred dollars for a new TV. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I'm looking to (finally) get a mechanical gaming keyboard, probably the G810, and I would love to get some of my brothers something to help their crappy PC scrape by in the games they try and play.

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING x570-PLUS (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 CL18

Graphics: ASUS GTX 1080

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019)

Displays: ASUS VS247 & ASUS VH169

1 minute ago, spwath said:

IDK, im looking for something techie and cool for my non techie sister. 

get her a hello kitty AK-47 http://www.glamguns.com/hk47.html

Theres also an image of a hello kitty armoured personnel carrier floating around the internet but i dont know if its available for purchase

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I'd like a 1080 ti.... even though they probably won't come out until after Christmas.... :( Other than that, a 6800k + new motherboard + new ram :).

i want to upgrade my ps4s harddrive with a 2tb throw a 2 tb harddrive in my pc for more space for games ( im lazy about deleting and like....what if i want to play a game i just deleted?) a schiit magni 2 and modi 2 uber would be nice as well. id also like to upgrade my 980 to a 1070 or wait and see what the 1080ti will be like and then grab a 27 inch 1440p monitor to be my new main screen for gaming. ( all bought for me because i dont like when people buy me things)

askdjfasdf

For Beshscheiden:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($16.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X PRO3+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($47.42 @ Amazon) 
Total: $129.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 15:48 EDT-0400

Otherwise, not much really.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Many Mic related things. And some LEDs, some ifixit stuff, and other general computer repair things. Also, big phat band.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I want this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-43-class-42-7-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/4973347.p?skuId=4973347&productCategoryId=pcmcat333800050003#

and a M$ Surface Pro 3.

Maybe a bit of money too, that way I can throw it at the next build I'm planning on doing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

A new BenQ XL2420g. Mine has a shot pixel. :( 

A mech keyboard, maybe a set of speakers, a hard drive...if I could afford all three, that would be great...

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

I could say an upgrade for my PC, but that's likely something I will buy myself.

Maybe I will ask for a keycap set? If I ever receive my keyboard stare.gif

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I want to buy myself a Bose QC35. Trying to justify it myself.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

You don't want that shit. Trust me, they're riddled with problems

Such as..?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

They throttle like crap, and have a long track record of their batteries just dying. I had one myself, and even before the battery gave way I was appalled at the abysmal performance of the 1000+ dollar laptop. The experience aside (it really isn't the laptop replacement they tout it as when you can't even angle the screen down) it's an objective price-performance flush down the drain

Hmm.. Alright, I'll keep looking then.

Starbucks gift card. That way I can blame it on the caffeine for when I go to render a 3d object into a slicer for 3d printing and a layer is missing.

ThinkPad X230t. Always wanted one of those and need a lighter laptop / something to replace iPad Mini for school work.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I'd like an audio upgrade tbh. Headphones are p nice, but I need more power to get the most out of em. Kanto speakers also look sweet. 

Get a gaming laptop for Christmas or u can get a new microphone maybe a soundbar to replace the speakers