A Computer To Last and To Be Beautiful on the Outside but a Beast on the Inside!

Hi All,

So this will probably be my most detailed and most important post which I will post on here, ever. I feel like now is around a good time to be planning my most powerful and most expensive build which I will do since there is a lot of new GPU tech out recently which should last people a long time. I won't squish everything into one paragraph because it will scare people away so I will make this as eye/user-friendly as possible.

Budget: €800-€1000 (Different variations from cheapest to max budget would be nice)

My Location: Ireland (I don't mind paying for shipping once it's from the same company and they ship to Ireland)

General System Requirements

• Needs to last me the next 5/6/7 years. I want all new parts, this computer will be looked after like a child and I do plan on keeping it for a long time to come.

• Would love a clean white build. Not sure if to go all white with all white LED's or have a hint of another color, which the GPU will probably have a color accent other than white anyway but if anyone has some cool ideas based on their part suggestions, please let me know! I want to look at this computer in 5 years time and still go say to myself; "F**k yeah, this is my PC".

• The build needs to be portable, I travel way too much than I like and would love to be able to carry this baby with me everywhere, ITX sounds like the way to go but if an M-ATX would be in a compact enough case, I think it would also be fine.

• Ssssssshhhhhhh, I love quietness, I don't want a helicopter <3

• I prefer part quality over aesthetics so please don't put in a €100 case to the build. Keep the extra money where it needs to be.

Part Requirements

• Motherboard will completely depend on whether you think ITX or M-ATX. Of course a Z motherboard if a K-series chip.

• Would love a fully modular PSU, custom-sleeved cables to match a color scheme.

• If going with overclocking, would love some water cooling.

• Storage is not a huge concern. 2TB would be plenty plus an SSD, 240GB would get me by. I mostly work on programming so files are not huge at all, few games installed, movies etc.

This is a huge investment for me, I love computers, I use them 24/7 since my main job is computer related. It's also a huge amount of money for me BUT I do not plan on building this computer until Summer 2017, probably around July as I'll have some extra cash by then after the load that will be spent for XMAS >.< As always, please please know I am thankful for every reply I get and please when suggesting parts, explain why, as it's a good thing to understand why a part is being chosen over another <3

Just now, Carlos1010 said:

Give me a sec

It's no problem, take all the time you need.

3 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

would love some water cooling, nothing fancy though, just enough to get by

Water cooling must be fancy. It must be custom and look awesome. Otherwise you'd be better off with air cooling

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

Water cooling must be fancy. It must be custom and look awesome. Otherwise you'd be better off with air cooling

I get what your saying. What I kind of meant by that is for example, instead of a Corsair H60, you could chose a Corsair H55.

2 minutes ago, HylianLink said:

I think this case may be good for you its somewhat small and compact 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/J6PWJx

Man that case looks pretty sick. I will be keeping it in mind!! Never heard of it so thanks very much for that!

1 minute ago, alanp1995 said:

Man that case looks pretty sick. I will be keeping it in mind!! Never heard of it so thanks very much for that!

That case is 100 euro btw

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

That case is 100 euro btw

Ya just looking through the different prices in the UK for it now, seems a little bit too expensive unfortunately! :(

The prices in europe are INSANE!!!! Do you mind if I make a build for the US pcpartpicker so that I could go to 1150$ maybe?

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

2 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

The prices in europe are INSANE!!!! Do you mind if I make a build for the US pcpartpicker so that I could go to 1150$ maybe?

Ya price difference is pretty big in different continents. You can for sure go ahead and link me to a build purely for idea purposes and prices, sites can be worked around later!

A computer is something that will always need to be upgraded. At no realistic price point (and definetly not 1000 euros) will a computer be "good" for 5+ years. You can build a very upgrade friendly computer but it will require new parts over time to keep it's performance. Even though 1000 euros is a good bit of money you won't be able to do everything you want, some concessions will have to be made.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

if you want portability go for air cooling in a m-ITX.

9 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

do not plan on building this computer until Summer 2017

wait for ZEN. Things might change. Prices might change. We might get super disappointed.

11 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

Would love a fully modular PSU, custom-sleeved cables to match a color scheme.

I wouldn't compromise on price for modular cables. Iv got one computer with modular and one without. Its only beneficial to have modular if you buy or build custom cables. In either case its not impossible to hide cables. 

For the case have a look at this one http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ITX.html

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Could you do wiht a Black GPU?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QwPyxY
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QwPyxY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£274.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£80.44 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£85.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£60.98 @ Novatech) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR Video Card  (£257.28 @ More Computers) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 (White) Mini ITX Tower Case  (£69.96 @ Ebuyer) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£83.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £913.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 03:08 GMT+0000

28 euros over budget

Spoiler

AXIOM

7 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

A computer is something that will always need to be upgraded. At no realistic price point (and definetly not 1000 euros) will a computer be "good" for 5+ years. You can build a very upgrade friendly computer but it will require new parts over time to keep it's performance. Even though 1000 euros is a good bit of money you won't be able to do everything you want, some concessions will have to be made.

I completely understand what you are saying. Again this is my fault for not being specific enough. I really only program and game and when I game it's always on multiplayer with low graphics only, I like keeping the FPS max as possible so I'm thinking that any game released within the next 5 years should be good to run on a computer now with low settings. Programming is programming, doesn't need much power really. Make all the concessions you need ^_^

CA074BX_50316_800x800.jpg

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€297.84 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€78.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€79.19 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€68.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.74 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini ITX OC Video Card  (€268.70 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case  (€81.83 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 650W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€80.92 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €984.14

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

5 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

if you want portability go for air cooling in a m-ITX.

wait for ZEN. Things might change. Prices might change. We might get super disappointed.

I wouldn't compromise on price for modular cables. Iv got one computer with modular and one without. Its only beneficial to have modular if you buy or build custom cables. In either case its not impossible to hide cables. 

For the case have a look at this one http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ITX.html

Firstly, again that case really looks awesome!! It's a tad bit cheaper than the Corsair Air 240 but still pretty expensive!

I was thinking of modular cables purely because white cabling matching a white color scheme would look pretty cool in my opinion.

In regards to Zen, heard of it but don't know much about it, shouldn't make much of a price difference later on though? Depends on what kind of performance they have I suppose?

Here is the list I managed to pull up. There is a 1060 which you CANNOT SLI in the future so you should get a 480 if that's a problem for less but the performance descreses too. You can run most games at 1080 60fps and in 1440p 35-45fps. No 4K. The Liquid cooler is pricy but its good, it is kinda noisy but you can tell me if you want one quiter then this, its at 37.7 dbA but I can give you one that is about 9dbA at idle but it would be air. The CPU is amazing, it will last you about 3-4 years and the GPU the same. Motherboard is very good it has USB type C if your in that type of thing and im pretty sure that it has USB 3.0 front panel connectors. Not sure if it has onboard memory but not worries you can add a  $30 dongle and it will work perfectly, im lower then the budget anyway. Power supply if very good, I don't know whare it lands in the PSU tier chart but it's GOLD+ so it should be good. It has a SSD are you said and a 2tb hard drive. Here you go

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8P6cM8

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

24 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

BUT I do not plan on building this computer until Summer 2017

That's 7 months from now. So much time for new stuff to be released.

Best to time to plan for a build is around a month to a few weeks before buying.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

9 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QwPyxY
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QwPyxY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£274.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£80.44 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£85.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£60.98 @ Novatech) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR Video Card  (£257.28 @ More Computers) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 (White) Mini ITX Tower Case  (£69.96 @ Ebuyer) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£83.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £913.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 03:08 GMT+0000

28 euros over budget

I always thought that Linus said an i5-6600K is what he recommended? I really like the build and a lot of real quality parts there. Also noticed a single DIMM of 16GB RAM, would that be for future upgrades? Would really like an SSD in the build also.

2 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

That's like 1400 in euros.

Just now, alanp1995 said:

I always thought that Linus said an i5-6600K is what he recommended? I really like the build and a lot of real quality parts there. Also noticed a single DIMM of 16GB RAM, would that be for future upgrades? Would really like an SSD in the build also.

But 6700 will last longer, single dimm is for future upgrades, and a SSD will be hard to fit in

Spoiler

AXIOM

7 minutes ago, antisleep said:

CA074BX_50316_800x800.jpg

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€297.84 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€78.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€79.19 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€68.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.74 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini ITX OC Video Card  (€268.70 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (White) Mini ITX Tower Case  (€81.83 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 650W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€80.92 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €984.14

Firstly, nice case!! Heard good things of them before. I again will ask, how come people seem to be going for the i7-6700 over the i5-6600K? I always thought it was more recommended, I might be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

Here is the list I managed to pull up. There is a 1060 which you CANNOT SLI in the future so you should get a 480 if that's a problem for less but the performance descreses too. You can run most games at 1080 60fps and in 1440p 35-45fps. No 4K. The Liquid cooler is pricy but its good, it is kinda noisy but you can tell me if you want one quiter then this, its at 37.7 dbA but I can give you one that is about 9dbA at idle but it would be air. The CPU is amazing, it will last you about 3-4 years and the GPU the same. Motherboard is very good it has USB type C if your in that type of thing and im pretty sure that it has USB 3.0 front panel connectors. Not sure if it has onboard memory but not worries you can add a  $30 dongle and it will work perfectly, im lower then the budget anyway. Power supply if very good, I don't know whare it lands in the PSU tier chart but it's GOLD+ so it should be good. It has a SSD are you said and a 2tb hard drive. Here you go

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/8P6cM8

A lot of good parts in there and I would love to have that as an option but it definitely falls about €300/400 above my budget. The prices in Europe are pretty crazy. I like the everything except the CPU cooler seems to be a bit overkill and the case ATX so definitely too big.