DIY USB Typewriter

My favourite bit about this video is

2 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy typewriter on Amazon: http://geni.us/sE1K

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

This definitely is an awesome project xD now if only I had a typewriter lying around. . . . 

but i have this one , or at least a similar model , it even can be hooked up to the PC via serial and be a printer and or keyboard if i remember correctly , heck it can even erase 

Startype_MD.jpg

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Meh...

Not for me. 

Was particularly upset that they pretty much destroyed an old typewriter to make it work. 

Sure, it was rusted, but someone would have loved to have restored that for actual usage purposes. I personally have one sitting in my bedroom. (No, I don't go to starbucks to type on it, I write letters with it and use it to fill out forms that aren't digital because I have awful handwriting.) Now-a-days it's a conversation piece, and a marvel of old mechanical engineering. 

I really miss the LMG videos where they actually DO something tech related, instead of just showcasing a "product." I know that's kinda what they do now... but still. I mean hell, some of the videos I enjoyed the most was where the server failed and linus was troubleshooting it for multiple episodes.

So I don't normally come to the forums to comment on video threads - mostly I lurk and help people with computer questions.

But today is different - whoever wrote the script for this video needs a raise. And I'm not asking you to get them a high-chair @nicklmg. :D

The tonality of @LinusTech's voice for this script was dashingly fitting, complete with just enough British accent that even @Slick might pay a pence or two for a script reading session. All the old-age Victorian-era references were smashingly golden - mainly because I love that era.

Needless to say, I would LOVE to see more videos utilizing scripts like this one, with joke-references relevant to the product or item being featured in the video, in addition to all the near-harassment inducing jokes already present in the videos.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, corrado33 said:

but someone would have loved to have restored that for actual usage purposes.

He did make it usable for actual usage purposes.

Linus needs to find a use for the Hat & Scarf in the future.  It worked well on him, for some reason.

When is the version where each lever gets a pot and it acts as an analog USB leopard?

can anyone tell which song is it at about 3:40 to 5:20?

why songs names are not written in the description? thats a bit uncool towards the artists.

as for the video, it was very good but not my taste. great intro!

1 hour ago, yossi_s1 said:

can anyone tell which song is it at about 3:40 to 5:20?

why songs names are not written in the description? thats a bit uncool towards the artists.

as for the video, it was very good but not my taste. great intro!

My guess it whatever song that was playing on your computer while you were watching the video. Or a song you heard at your physical location.

Can you give a finer time range for when the music is heard?

^ hah no... true, the music is very faint but its there.

actually im not the only one wanting to know this song's name. other people in comments asked for it as well.

some complained about the song because it has vocals and they say its confusing to them when he talk along with the vocals.

either way its there. because its faint i cannot use shazam or soundhound.

the time frame i said is exact, the song plays along the video.

thanks for the comment tho.