Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screen tearing with BF1 and Gsync

So i'm getting a bit of screen tearing with Gsync on during battlefield. It's especially noticeable during the swooping in and out of deployment as well as some in game stuff.

Any idea what could be the cause? Or can anyone else confirm they're getting some tearing too?
I'm using an Asus PG348Q with a GTX 1080. 

My understanding was that gsync eliminated screen tearing. Period. I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers and have verified that Gsync is indeed on.

My only thoughts are that it could be game dependent, or there's a slim chance I may have a faulty gsync module.

Are you certain GSync is enabled?   (power light should be red - NOT white or amber).

I'm certain, you can toggle the osd within the nvidia control panel and it reads 'gsync on' ingame :/

Nope. No tearing. Make sure Gsync is realy enabled. Check the set Hz of  the Display and  be sure  you dont have Gsync in FullScreen only  and run BF in borderless Window.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

gsync on in the Nvidia control panel and also make sure vsync on is forced in the NCP as well. That way it will cap out at 165hz and not tear. Games should be vsync off for the best behaviour.

42 minutes ago, BrightCandle said:

gsync on in the Nvidia control panel and also make sure vsync on is forced in the NCP as well. That way it will cap out at 165hz and not tear. Games should be vsync off for the best behaviour.

Vsync must be off.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

32 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Vsync must be off.

You are wrong. If Vsync is off in the control panel then when the frame rate exceeds the frequency of the monitor it will tear. Vsync should be on to limit the fps and never have the game tear.

8 minutes ago, BrightCandle said:

You are wrong. If Vsync is off in the control panel then when the frame rate exceeds the frequency of the monitor it will tear. Vsync should be on to limit the fps and never have the game tear.

Vsync off. If you reach the Hz limit, just set it frames with afterburner or nvidia inspector.

But if you want deal with the negatives of Vsync, even it isnt necessacry...

I've done all of the above - Running in full screen, gsync enabled in the options as fullscreen :/ vsync is also disabled within nv control panel. 

7 hours ago, nandapanda said:

I've done all of the above - Running in full screen, gsync enabled in the options as fullscreen :/ vsync is also disabled within nv control panel. 

Change the Cable and try again. If Gsync works, there is no tearing.

What does the Options of the Monitor itself say? Does it say Gsync enabled too? 

Are drivers up to date?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

12 hours ago, Anay said:

I think V-sync has been replaced by G-sync. We just combine G-sync with FPS capper, am I right?

Update: Do we need Fast sync too?