NEED HELP DESKTOP WONT START UP

RyanStitch

Hi, i just install a mew rig on my own i have install everything but the motherboard only got light but the fan does not turn on why?

Mabo: Asus B150 Pro gaming aura 

CPU 6500

PSU EVGA 650W
GPU Asus 1070 Strix 

SSD: samsung 850 pro 250gm

HDD 1 1tb and 1 3tb seagate

Ram: G.skill 2400 2x8 (16GB)

10 minutes ago, belfouf said:

disconnect everything, reconnect everything.

probably bad cable plug

i have try that but still does not work

Doublechecked so the power button is connected to the right connections? Is everything connected to the PSU properly? What else, do you have motherboard standoffs?

There are just so many things that could be wrong if a new system doesn't boot.

1 minute ago, elpiGee said:

Doublechecked so the power button is connected to the right connections? Is everything connected to the PSU properly? What else, do you have motherboard standoffs?

There are just so many things that could be wrong if a new system doesn't boot.

The problem is im using EVGA 650W the 4+4 pin does not match with the 4+4 pin in my mobo. so insted of using 4+4 i only use 4 is it ok?

1 minute ago, RyanStitch said:

The problem is im using EVGA 650W the 4+4 pin does not match with the 4+4 pin in my mobo. so insted of using 4+4 i only use 4 is it ok?

You aren't trying to get a PCI-E cable in there right? But yeah, you need the 8 pin for the CPU else it won't boot. 

4 should still work, however are you sure you have the CPU 4+4 pin form the PSU? or the PCIe 8 pin? Thats a important difference. Also are your case connectors seated properly?

And what about RAM seating. Try with 1 stick first.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just now, Gonio said:

4 should still work, however are you sure you have the CPU 4+4 pin form the PSU? or the PCIe 8 pin? Thats a important difference. Also are your case connectors seated properly?

And what about RAM seating. Try with 1 stick first.

4 would work? The cases where I've found this same situation plugging the 8 pin in place properly fixed the issue.

@RyanStitch Also make sure the CPU cable is plugged correctly into the PSU, it should just say CPU1 next to the connection. Also on the cable, should say CPU on it.

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

And what about  RAM seating. Try with 1 stick first.

Yup im using the 4+4 onlt got 1 in the box and it writen CPU on the connector end. im trying 1 Ram but the problem is im not sure the front panel i plug correctly. 

Should be no problem to atleast boot if it is in correct slot. Check your manual for positioning of RAM and also the proepr way to connect caseheaders etc. Btw, what fan you talk about thats not spining? CPU, case....

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

Should be no problem to atleast boot if it is in correct slot. Check your manual for positioning of RAM and also the proepr way to connect caseheaders etc. Btw, what fan you talk about thats not spining? CPU, case....

The positioning is correct i followed the manual. I mean the front panel setting i don't know i plug it correctly or not. how do i check it is correct or not because from the manual it is not clear.

Front panel headers are overall no problem sicne those fit in 1 way only. You have USB headers and sltos that thy fit in. USB 3 is overall a blue bulky header. USB 2 are small blocks like the audio header but different pin layout and function. But the mobo manual should ahve a picture saying what header is what on the mobo.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

Front panel headers are overall no problem sicne those fit in 1 way only. You have USB headers and sltos that thy fit in. USB 3 is overall a blue bulky header. USB 2 are small blocks like the audio header but different pin layout and function. But the mobo manual should ahve a picture saying what header is what on the mobo.

should the white colour writing facing up or down?

2 hours ago, RyanStitch said:

Are you sure it doesn't match? It's a standard plug. Not that it would prevent it from powering on, but it almost certainly fits.

At any rate, if you pull the wire from the power switch pins and use a screwdriver to jump them manually, does anything happen? If not, I'd recommend testing your PSU using the paperclip method (make sure your PSU's fanless/hybrid mode switch if it has one is off before testing). If the PSU turns on, then you're going to want to pull the motherboard from the case, place it onto its box or another non-conductive surface, and try powering it up from there to see if you get anything. If it turns on, then something was shorting out inside the case.

If even that doesn't work, then I'd suggest pulling your CPU and taking a look at the pins to make sure nothing is bent / shorted.

10 hours ago, RyanStitch said:

should the white colour writing facing up or down?

Overall it's facing up, but it's not always true. Check manual. Also the USB 2 connectors have 1 missing pin, making it easy to spot if it is correct. Otherwise you would crush a pin on the board. think you would notice that.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list