Apple AirPods delayed.... indefinitly. Will not be released!

GoodBytes

Apple's new wireless $180 AirPods (wireless earphones), will not be shipping to consumers, or available in stores. The company says that the product is not ready, and don't know when it will be ready. As a result, the product is on hold indefinitely.

Screenshot-45-800x445.png

Apple says:

[Apple Airpods] needs a little more time before AirPods are ready for our customers.

We don't believe in shipping a product before it's ready.

The company is not saying any estimates. But Ars Technica, the source of this news, believes it needs a few more weeks, but should be in time for the holidays season, as it is something that Apple can't miss.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/10/apple-earpods-indefinitely-delayed-beyond-original-late-october-window/

Were you waiting for them?

honestly they cost way too much and the audio quality is still jank for the price, so that's right for apple to put it on hold. i doubt there would be people willing to spend that much money on wireless earbuds that don't sound better than wired ones. i'd buy something from the likes of bose or jbl for that price.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

honestly they cost way too much and the audio quality is still jank for the price, so that's right for apple to put it on hold. i doubt there would be people willing to spend that much money on wireless earbuds that don't sound better than wired ones. i'd buy something from the likes of bose or jbl for that price.

They aren't aimed at us tech enthusiasts, if the general market is going to buy them then they'll just tell us to fuck off with our opinions :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

that's rather... courageous 

i did find it odd that there's no review for the airpods, in spite of the iphone 7s clearly being out. 

6 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Did they explode?

no, they bent

7 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

They aren't aimed at us tech enthusiasts, if the general market is going to buy them then they'll just tell us to fuck off with our opinions :P 

Well to be fair, earphones are aimed at audiophiles (sort of), not tech enthusiasts. Two fairly different things. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Well to be fair, earphones are aimed at audiophiles, not tech enthusiasts. Two fairly different things. :P

True but they also aimed at general consumers who want to listen to music (without the need of any wires what so ever) :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Tim Cook saw them on the production line and asked why anyone would ever buy them. One of the execs standing around told him that since they'd removed the 3.5mm jack, they needed a new way for users to listen to their music.

iPhone 7 recall incoming

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Umm ok.

Image result for apple fail

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Cost too much relative to what? All other wireless earbuds are more or less around this price bracket. 

And Apple is clearly prioritising ease of pairing and recharging with the W1 chip. Factors which I feel are just as important in a pair of wireless headphones. After all, the best sound quality is moot if nobody uses wireless headsets because they are such a pain to pair and use. 

It was just a terrible idea to begin with. Too small and too easy for anyone to lose them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

45 minutes ago, Copuis said:

10 to 1 it's about sync issues, or something battery life wise

I'd put my money on the testers continuously losing the damn things.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

49 minutes ago, terrytek said:

They're actually priced very well compared to the competition (and the competition doesn't have stellar audio quality either).

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It was just a terrible idea to begin with. Too small and too easy for anyone to lose them.

A lot of people want truly wireless headphones. That's just the unfortunate downside to that desire. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

A lot of people want truly wireless headphones. That's just the unfortunate downside to that desire. 

Wireless Headphones are a thing already and there are many that provide great audio quality and comfort while being relatively low profile.

I'm assuming you meant Earphones?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Wow, look at dat bait and switch.

Can we sue them for false advertisement or something?

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Wireless Headphones are a thing already and there are many that provide great audio quality and comfort while being relatively low profile.

I'm assuming you meant Earphones?

Obviously, my point wouldn't make any sense for headphones since all wireless headphones are truly wireless headphones. Not all bluetooth earphones are truly wireless earphones, and they are all basically in the $200+ range (with one pair at $150~).

3 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

Wow, look at dat bait and switch.

Can we sue them for false advertisement or something?

No? It's not a bait and switch.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

No? It's not a bait and switch.

"Here's our new phone! It doesn't have a headphone jack you say? Here's these fancy new earphones to listen wi-- PSYCH!"

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

58 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

they probably lost them all

eoxomXXVL2S0E.gif

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, PocketNerd said:

"Here's our new phone! It doesn't have a headphone jack you say? Here's these fancy new earphones to listen wi-- PSYCH!"

First off, they never said they weren't releasing them. Secondly, Air Pods weren't going to be the reason anyone would buy/not buy an iPhone 7 since they'll also work with literally any other iPhone as well (and you can also use any bluetooth headphones with the iPhone 7).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

At least they said indefinitely. I hate it when companies delay something and give a new date, only for them to delay them again.