Opinion on the "Soylent diet"

TopWargamer

***Please read the entire post. I'm not talking about Soylent Soylent, but a DIY Soylent.***

I've noticed that when I'm in a rush to get somewhere, I tend to grab a quick bite to eat at a fast food joint, which is obviously not the healthiest thing ever. To get around this, and to get around breakfast (since I don't have much time in the morning), I was thinking about using "Soylent." Not Soylent Soylent, but a DIY Soylent, which is bound to be better anyways imo. I've been looking into doing this for a while, but the upfront cost is fairly steep, but I've saved up enough to finally do it. The recipe I am planning on using will cost a little over $200 for roughly a month's supply.

Here's the recipe: https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/keto-chow-150-master-rich-chocolate

Once I actually buy everything, I'm committed to doing it, because I don't want to waste my money. So I was thinking I start out with this, and then add in working out every once in a while, and then throw out the garbage food we have lying around. Really would like a 2nd opinion about doing this before I buy everything. Like, is it a good idea? For the people that have done this/used Soylent, how effective was it? Stuff like that.

Real talk for a sec. I need to lose weight. I simply can't do the things I use to be able to do. I live in an apartment on the 3rd floor, and I get winded after climbing a relatively small amount of stairs. That's really not good. There's some other stuff as well, but we won't get into that. I was thinking about starting out with this DIY Soylent as a good starting point.

COMIC SANS

I started working out after a two year stint of laziness. 

I do 15 min in the morning (Chest/Back/Abs/Neck), and 15 min at night (Biceps/Shoulders/Neck).  I finally started acclimating to the routine after about a month.  I can work out everyday now, even when increasing weight, with practically no soreness. 

I mix in leg exercises into everyday, whenever convenient.  I do staircase runs (17 flights).  At first I could barely squeeze out 9 flights.  After about two weeks (everyday runs), I hit 17 and felt like doing more.  It has been about two months and I am near my goals.  I am pushing my own body weight with relative ease, and have lost a bunch of unneeded fat.  Next stop, my running speed.

I was not in it to lose weight though.  I wanted to lose fat.  I have dropped two pounds total, but a lot more than two pounds of fat.

My diet did not change much as I eat healthy already.  At first I sort of slowed down my caloric intake so my body could burn up fat easily.

My favorite meal in a pinch is dried fruits and nuts.  A tea cup full holds me over for 3-4 hours.  If I had to choose one type of meal to eat forever, this would be it.  A 1KG bag here costs about $12-$15 CDN.  If there is a sale, it might drop to $10 or under.

dainty-nuts-dried-fruits-mix-30312680.jp

31 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

***Please read the entire post. I'm not talking about Soylent Soylent, but a DIY Soylent.***

I've noticed that when I'm in a rush to get somewhere, I tend to grab a quick bite to eat at a fast food joint, which is obviously not the healthiest thing ever. To get around this, and to get around breakfast (since I don't have much time in the morning), I was thinking about using "Soylent." Not Soylent Soylent, but a DIY Soylent, which is bound to be better anyways imo. I've been looking into doing this for a while, but the upfront cost is fairly steep, but I've saved up enough to finally do it. The recipe I am planning on using will cost a little over $200 for roughly a month's supply.

Here's the recipe: https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/keto-chow-150-master-rich-chocolate

Once I actually buy everything, I'm committed to doing it, because I don't want to waste my money. So I was thinking I start out with this, and then add in working out every once in a while, and then throw out the garbage food we have lying around. Really would like a 2nd opinion about doing this before I buy everything. Like, is it a good idea? For the people that have done this/used Soylent, how effective was it? Stuff like that.

Reveal hidden contents

Real talk for a sec. I need to lose weight. I simply can't do the things I use to be able to do. I live in an apartment on the 3rd floor, and I get winded after climbing a relatively small amount of stairs. That's really not good. There's some other stuff as well, but we won't get into that. I was thinking about starting out with this DIY Soylent as a good starting point.

That's very interesting. In my time humans do not require sustenance, but can eat if they wish to. You are trying to get as close to that as you can, and I think this proposed Soylent looks like a pretty good idea. Variations of this were used, though not popular, for a long time. It certainly won't hurt you.  

Just steer clear of anything from "Royal Bear Industries". They were found in 2025 to be using very, unpalatable, things in their mix.   

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Eh I don't think those kinds of things can really substitute for a meal but I suppose portioning out serving suggestions of various nuts and dried fruits as a quick fix for mornings when you don't have the time to make something with like egg and or meat.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization