New to Cyclist Exercise! Tips Please!

Kenji the Uke

SO YES! I am like.. super fat. Like 3 fat 5 me. I HAVE PURCHASED A BIKE AND WILL BE MAKING IT A DAILY ROUTINE TO BIKE TO AND FROM WORK AS WELL AS A ROUTE THAT WILL GIVE ME AN EPIC WORKOUT! .w. But winter is approaching and I havnt had a bike in 10+ years. SO TO THOSE WHO DO THIS ON A DAILY! What are things you recommend me getting gear wise? 3:

Moist

3 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Well, a good helmet, the most important thing. A waterproof jacket in case it rains, not too thick, it can be annoying. And a good bike lock

Any amazon links to ones you'd recommend, helmet/bike lock wise?

Moist

7 hours ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Budget?

Technically as much as it can be because I can just get them one at a time, but I dont really wanna spend more than 50 on a helmet and i dont want a bike lock that is crazy.. Just one that works

Moist

11 hours ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Technically as much as it can be because I can just get them one at a time, but I dont really wanna spend more than 50 on a helmet and i dont want a bike lock that is crazy.. Just one that works

Generally, the more you spend on the bike, the more you should spend on the lock, a good rule is, $1000 bike = $100 lock and so on, and for helmet it can depend on the type of bike, for  a mtb you might want a little more MTB oriented helmet with more protection and for like a race bike you might want something lighter but with more ventilation

4 hours ago, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

Generally, the more you spend on the bike, the more you should spend on the lock, a good rule is, $1000 bike = $100 lock and so on, and for helmet it can depend on the type of bike, for  a mtb you might want a little more MTB oriented helmet with more protection and for like a race bike you might want something lighter but with more ventilation

Hai owo 

ALSO! I see! Its a 400 dollar bike owo the Trek 820. And while it is a MTB, it will be pretty much always on roads. It just varies with road conditions and having to go off of the road to let vehicles pass. We only have one real sidewalk in my town x-x and it doesnt go that far. So should I still get the MTB oriented helmet? ;w; 

Moist

1 minute ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Hai owo 

ALSO! I see! Its a 400 dollar bike owo the Trek 820. And while it is a MTB, it will be pretty much always on roads. It just varies with road conditions and having to go off of the road to let vehicles pass. We only have one real sidewalk in my town x-x and it doesnt go that far. So should I still get the MTB oriented helmet? ;w; 

Well, then a regular helmet will be enough, but then, in the future if you ever would want to hit a trail or something a MTB specific helmet might be a good choise

Just now, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

Well, then a regular helmet will be enough, but then, in the future if you ever would want to hit a trail or something a MTB specific helmet might be a good choise

I dont ever plan on hittin' dem trails, so I should be fine =w= DO YOU RECOMMEND ANYTHING TO KEEP A BUN WARM? .W. 

Moist

Just now, Kenji the Uke said:

I dont ever plan on hittin' dem trails, so I should be fine =w= DO YOU RECOMMEND ANYTHING TO KEEP A BUN WARM? .W. 

Oven it for a while, then alu foil and pack it down /jk

nope just put on warm clothes but not to much and then keep a steady tempo, it will keep you warm

Just now, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

Oven it for a while, then alu foil and pack it down /jk

nope just put on warm clothes but not to much and then keep a steady tempo, it will keep you warm

Aight. =w= Very exciting times for this bun. Cannot wait to start. I owe 100 left exactly AND ONCE MAH NEXT PAY CHECK COMES IN 2 WEEKS I'LL BE CYCLIST BUN =W+

Moist

4 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Aight. =w= Very exciting times for this bun. Cannot wait to start. I owe 100 left exactly AND ONCE MAH NEXT PAY CHECK COMES IN 2 WEEKS I'LL BE CYCLIST BUN =W+

I wish you a good luck then