Monitor Refresh Rate (59 vs 60 Hz)

ImperialSteele

Hey guys,

When I went into Geforce Experience I saw my monitor was at 59Hz, so I went in to the Nvidia Control Panel and selected 60Hz from the menu (contained 50, 59, & 60, 59 was selected). Is there any reason the monitor comes stock with 59, like a potential performance issue? Running 1070 for GFX if it matters.

Started up CS:GO and it was running at 20 FPS?? Went back to 59 Hz and was back up to 300 (ish). Any ideas why?

Does the difference between 59 and 60 hertz really matter to you? I'd just leave it at 59 and not worry about it.

I'm fine with it being at 59, I just set it to 60 for the even number. Now I'm just wondering why it has such an adverse effect in games?

If you want to, you can overclock your monitor a bit. Whilst most people might not see the difference overclocking 60hz to something higher, you might.

Its actually 59.97 hz. Some monitors are genuinely 60 hz but more often than not they are actually 59.97. Windows has some funkiness around this that I don't fully appreciate currently but its definitely not a problem.