Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for online backup provider.

Hey, I'm looking for a online backup provider.

 

I was with livedrive where I had a contract for €3,95 a month giving me unlimited storage for unlimited amount of devices, not even with a fair use policy.

But they stopped offering that service.

 

So I'm now looking for a new fast backup service that is unlimited for a good price, don't necessarily need the unlimited devices just the unlimited storage for my 150TB NAS.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Link to post
Share on other sites

I use JottaCloud. It has its quirks, but it's unlimited and it's as fast as my connection allows it to be.

But it sure can't compete with €4/month, since It's €7,5/month. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally love CrashPlan, it might not be as cheap per month but it's fantastic none the less.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on the access strategy you desire. For me I need write often read almost never therefore I use Google Nearline for NAS backup.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I personally love CrashPlan, it might not be as cheap per month but it's fantastic none the less.

I've heard that Crashplan isn't that great with lots of data. Not sure if this is true or not since I don't have that much data to even test it. But their upload speed isn't that great, that I know (at least to me, might be different in other areas).

I've heard good things about Amazon Cloud Drive (ACD) but I don't know if there are any limitations to storage.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lubblig said:

I've heard that Crashplan isn't that great with lots of data. Not sure if this is true or not since I don't have that much data to even test it. But their upload speed isn't that great, that I know (at least to me, might be different in other areas).

I've heard good things about Amazon Cloud Drive (ACD) but I don't know if there are any limitations to storage.

I think I've got anywhere from 6 to 10TB of data stored with them but that's accumulated over the past couple of years so not sure how they would handle large backups all at once but every time I've done a large upload I've always maxed out my upload speed without issue, but I wouldn't call a 25Mbps upload speed very fast.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lurick said:

I think I've got anywhere from 6 to 10TB of data stored with them but that's accumulated over the past couple of years so not sure how they would handle large backups all at once but every time I've done a large upload I've always maxed out my upload speed without issue, but I wouldn't call a 25Mbps upload speed very fast.

Ok, yeah it might be the initial backup that Crashplan didn't "like" being too large. I'm not sure, I just remember reading it on the datahoarder subreddit that some people were having issues with CP a while ago. So not really any proof just what I've heard from others.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Volbet said:

I use JottaCloud. It has its quirks, but it's unlimited and it's as fast as my connection allows it to be.

But it sure can't compete with €4/month, since It's €7,5/month. 

I had looked at jottacloud but I dont like this part of their Terms:

 

15. FAIR AND ACCEPTABLE USE

All use of the Jotta Products and Services shall be in accordance with the principles and objectives as outlined in the Agreement and in accordance with applicable statutory laws and regulations.

Individual Users with an unlimited subscription plan may use the Service for normal individual usage. Although Jotta does not limit bandwidth or storage on Unlimited Subscription plans, we reserve the right to limit excessive abuse. The Users total storage and network usage may be deemed excessive if your usage greatly exceeds the average usage of Jotta customers. As an example, we would define storage consumption over 10 TB as excessive and beyond the scope of normal usage.

 

Again, I will be storing at least 75TB

 

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, looney said:

I had looked at jottacloud but I dont like this part of their Terms:

 

15. FAIR AND ACCEPTABLE USE

All use of the Jotta Products and Services shall be in accordance with the principles and objectives as outlined in the Agreement and in accordance with applicable statutory laws and regulations.

Individual Users with an unlimited subscription plan may use the Service for normal individual usage. Although Jotta does not limit bandwidth or storage on Unlimited Subscription plans, we reserve the right to limit excessive abuse. The Users total storage and network usage may be deemed excessive if your usage greatly exceeds the average usage of Jotta customers. As an example, we would define storage consumption over 10 TB as excessive and beyond the scope of normal usage.

 

Again, I will be storing at least 75TB

 

Hmm, I never read that. 

I have around 56TB of data synced to it and I have no problem.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Hmm, I never read that. 

I have around 56TB of data synced to it and I have no problem.

awesome, just what i needed to hear, Jottacloud it is :)

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend Amazon's cloud as I have friends that use it and swear by it. Never heard complaints about bandwidth or total storage, but none of them is actually storing more than ~17TBs.

 

It sucks that my upload is only 5mbit :'( I'd love to have a cloud service for my off-site backups.

 
~ Specs bellow ~
 
 
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD
 
Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×