Edit Windows Boot Option for: Windows 7

syaoran7li

Hey Everyone...

A friend of mine bought this new laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y500... and it came with windows 8 and my friend didnt like it.. so he bought me a windows 7 disc and asked me to install it for him.. i did everything and as i was installing the driver i was getting the blue screen of death error "No page fault in non paged area".. so i reformatted it and tried again same problem.. all this time i was just formatting c drive and installing.. and then we decided to try windows 8 again tat came with the laptop.. and installed and it worked fine... so he went and bought another windows 7 disc.. and this time when it asks to choose partition i deleted c driver and the system reserved drive.. and then tried to create a new partition from unallocated file but it did nothing.. when i click on new it loads for a bit and then it does nothing.. so i googled a bit and they said to completely reformat the hard drive... so i booted using the disc and pressed shit f10 and did the dispart cleaning thing and tried again... and this time it worked.. but it created a additional partition "MSR reserved or something" and as usual installed windows 7 and this time blue screen didnt come....

but now the problem is i cant boot from cd... normally wat i do is press f10 on boot up and choose the device to boot from.. but now if i do tat it shows Edit windows boot option for windows 7... and if i press enter goes into windows.... not the disc... so i went to bios and changed the boot priority...but in boot priority there r 2 sections... "EFI" and "Boot Device Priority" ... under EFI the first device is Windows boot manager and then EFI dvd rom... and under Boot device priority firs DVD rom then HDD then network boot... no matter what i change under boot priority nothing happens... only if i change the EFI thing it works... but when i changed EFI to first boot EFI dvd... it quickly shows press any key to boot from cd and then disappears and then displays in a blue box tat no boot device found or boot failed...

then i changed it back to Windows boot manager and it went in windows...

so i changed another setting in bios... Boot Priority it has two options UEFI first and Legacy First.... UEFI first is selected normally... and if i change it to legacy first it boots from disc.. but then if i dont press any key at booting it shows in a black screen somekind of of boot error... so i turned it back to UEFI first...

well now the main problem is.. when i press f10 as it boots it doesnt shows the devices to boot from instead tat error.. edit windows boot option..

Hope u guys can help me...

Sorry its  bit long..^_^

Thanks..^_^

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

Disable CSM in BIOS

Put Disk and boot UEFI instead of legacy BIOS.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

maybe you need to change boot type from "normal" to "advanced", then try changing the boot order again.

Disable CSM in BIOS

Put Disk and boot UEFI instead of legacy BIOS.

Thanks for the reply...

but how do i do these?? there is no option like tat in bios...

Where is CSM i cant find it?

and did put UEFI in Boot... and still the same problem...

i have attached the image of wat it shows when i press f10...

post-7300-0-74716200-1382333650_thumb.jp

Current Spec: Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme; Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k; PSU: Corsair AX1200; Cooler: Corsair H100; Ram: 2x 8Gb  Gskill Ripjawsx; Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II; HDD: 1x 1Tb Samsung, 1x 3Tb WD Caviar Green, 1x 1Tb WD Caviar Blue, 2Tb WD Caviar Green; SSD: 1x 250Gb Samsung 840 Series; Graphics Card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 780, Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti; Monitor: Asus PA248Q, 16 Inch Random Samsung Monitor(For Multipurpose) Mouse: Razer Naga; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Edition

Your friend could try to contact Lenovo and ask for downgrading option. It has been option for business machines before and I hope it still is. They will sent required discs for installation (I got 4 for downgrading Vista to XP) for free and license will be same as for 8.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Your friend could try to contact Lenovo and ask for downgrading option. It has been option for business machines before and I hope it still is. They will sent required discs for installation (I got 4 for downgrading Vista to XP) for free and license will be same as for 8.

Downgrade..y? now im running windows 7 and its working fine.. except tat i dont have the option tat come in f10... the boot device list....

Downgrade..y? now im running windows 7 and its working fine.. except tat i dont have the option tat come in f10... the boot device list....

Disregard my post. I haven't sleeped well last night and didn't read all that text.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Disregard my post. I haven't sleeped well last night and didn't read all that text.

Hehe ok..^_^