Show off your most inconvenient windows updates

MythBall

Well here's mine, it occurred whilst replying to a comment on one of my posts:

14763377876731819552535.jpg

Is this just going to be a thread of Windows Update screens?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I just sit here happily using windows 7 with updates disabled

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

Is this just going to be a thread of Windows Update screens?

Probably, I got bored

15 minutes ago, MythBall said:

Probably, I got bored

Well that would be completely useless spam, but if people want to instead talk about inconvenient update experiences, I can see that having some value.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Ok Im using win10 pro, does home not ask you to restart for updates? Because I always get a message asking to update or defer till restart? Whats up with all the complaints about updating? am I just lucky and having seen it yet?

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

12 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Ok Im using win10 pro, does home not ask you to restart for updates? Because I always get a message asking to update or defer till restart? Whats up with all the complaints about updating? am I just lucky and having seen it yet?

Yeah, I'm asked about restart every time. I can just restart or schedule it for later. It never happens randomly without a warning when I'm surfing the net or playing a game. I don't know why all those complains too.

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

I don't usually take pictures of Windows update, but I was in the middle of a big project while I was at the University of Phoenix.  Anyways, I was about a few hours in, forgot to save like a dumbass... Windows suddenly said, "OH, btw bitch, we gotta update.  Here's your two options, restart now, or go fuck yourself."

Yeah, needless to say, I was pissed. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 - Windows 10 warns you clearly that it needs to restart.

2- You can setup your active hours so that it doesn't start the update process

Setting up your computer is important, and ignoring restart request like an idiot after several warnings is asking for the OS to restart on you.

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

1 - Windows 10 warns you clearly that it needs to restart.

2- You can setup your active hours so that it doesn't start the update process

Setting up your computer is important, and ignoring restart request like an idiot after several warnings is asking for the OS to restart on you.

They even recently seem to have brought back the thing that lets you schedule when the reboot will occur, giving you the ability to delay it (for several days if necessary) to a time when you will be available.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

ignoring restart request like an idiot after several warnings is asking for the OS to restart on you.

Damn it, I'm and idiot xD

Haven't had any issues with update restarts since moved from Vista to 7. Failed updates are another matter. I've had several where it required startup repair to let me login.

Work computers are different matter. They tend to update always on fridays just when you are leaving.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv