Odd question but where to get a mirror and plane of glass for an infinity mirror

werto165

Basically I have an idea similar to this : 

Image result for infinity mirror pc case

to achieve this I need a mirror and a pane of glass, only problem is where do I get those from? Any good sites that you guys are aware of? Not looking to spend too much. This is to attach to the front of the fractal design define r4 door. I have removed it and plan on making a frame for the led's to fit in, so it will be slightly smaller than the front door. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Search around for local shops who cut glass and mirrors

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

You mean like one of those mirrors you can see through?

Also holy crap thats going to look insane

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Search around for local shops who cut glass and mirrors

Any idea how much it'll cost approx? I will ring them tomorrow for an estimate tomorrow, if not I guess I could look for something in Ikea that fits the bill. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

4 minutes ago, Flight1sim said:

You mean like one of those mirrors you can see through?

Also holy crap thats going to look insane

If it works yeah it will. hoping it doesn't cost too much... I already got the leds pretty cheap 5m strip with 600LED  300LEDs for £10. can't see through them it's the mirror on the back side and a tinted pane of glass on the front. Just an illusion more than anything. 

Just now, werto165 said:

Any idea how much it'll cost approx? I will ring them tomorrow for an estimate tomorrow, if not I guess I could look for something in Ikea that fits the bill. 

Any glass shop can cut you a piece to any size you like for both parts around the size of a regular front panel like that it shouldn't be any more than $50 that being on the high side already. 

31 minutes ago, werto165 said:

If it works yeah it will. hoping it doesn't cost too much... I already got the leds pretty cheap 5m strip with 600LED  300LEDs for £10. can't see through them it's the mirror on the back side and a tinted pane of glass on the front. Just an illusion more than anything. 

oh ok so you're just going to rely on the glass' reflectiveness? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

39 minutes ago, werto165 said:

If it works yeah it will. hoping it doesn't cost too much... I already got the leds pretty cheap 5m strip with 600LED  300LEDs for £10. 

Like this,  http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Infinity-Mirror but I'm not going to use a frame like that trying to see if I can get something done on CAD and either use a laser cutter and acrylic and black that out or 3d printing, acrylic is probably easier but 3d printing will be cooler. Might 3D a logo and then do a strip of LED's around the edge of that logo, not sure on the logo though. 

4 minutes ago, werto165 said:

Like this,  http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Infinity-Mirror but I'm not going to use a frame like that trying to see if I can get something done on CAD and either use a laser cutter and acrylic and black that out or 3d printing, acrylic is probably easier but 3d printing will be cooler. Might 3D a logo and then do a strip of LED's around the edge of that logo, not sure on the logo though. 

woah. Dude.. 

Make sure to mention me when you get it done!!!! 

1 hour ago, Flight1sim said:

woah. Dude.. 

Make sure to mention me when you get it done!!!! 

Progress so far: God I love the look ray tracing gives. (didn't make the r4 model just added the mirror and the white protrusions. 

R4.png