?980ti GTA V settings?

Ninjamos

l so recently, I've been running a lot of gta v benchmarks and doing a lot of research and so far, I've only become more confused.  There are posts saying that a 980ti should get around 70fps at 1440p on very high settings. Mine only gets high 30-low 50Ish fps on max settings. (I have an i7-4790 and over 16gigs of ram.. I'm sure there's no battleneck)

Some people are getting over 100fps than that on weaker cards somehow. what I've found out is that it is generally agreed that some settings like msaa and ultra grass textures don't change much visually but kill fps. I'm assuming that the benchmarks showing higher fps, even with lower end cards, are lowering these settings.

so what I've decided to try is to spend time running the gta v benchmark testing all the settings that are most taxing and trying to set them up to where they are at the highest values that allow a 980ti to achive fps that never dips below 50 at 1080p. when I find them out, I'll post them. 

my question is, has anyone done this before? if not, does anyone know where should I start/have any suggestions?

GeForce experience optimization might help. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

13 minutes ago, mcaldwell said:

I'd would check if the card is thermal throttling 

the Temps I get are around 40-60c, but I am always getting 90-99% of my gpu usage. it is notable that when I say max settings I mean aa maxed, grass on ultra, and the advanced graphics settings all on at their most.( the only setting that isnt pushed to their limit is the resolution.  I'm using 1080 with no additional scaling.)

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

I would make sure that scaling isn't up. 

no, it's not. I'm running the game at pure 1080p. also no vsinc

I'd check to see exactly what these people's "max" settings are.

There are a few setting that people turn down that make very little visual improvements but take a huge hit on the FPS .

Basically do not touch the advanced setting, those are insane resource hogs for almost no gain.

Also lowering grass quality/density from ultra to high can make a noticeable difference on framerates.

Normal FPS for true max Settings (1440p) in GTA5. Alot of the "max settings" Videos without AA and other Stuff turned off are BS.

You can easly increase your FPS alot with reduced AA ect tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO