Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Computer stops responding after about 24 hours of being on

So I've got a computer that I have at my parents house to perform backups of my files to. The specs are:

• Asrock E3C226D2I
  • Pentium G3240
  • Generic Samsung 8GB ECC ram @ 1600MHz
  • EVGA Supernova GS 550W PSU
  • 2x WD Red 6TB, 2x WD 8TB & 1 WD 3TB
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (boot drive)
  • Bitfenix Phenom Mini

It's running Windows 10 with Crashplan to backup. It's cooled properly and the CPU is around 40-50 degrees Celsius and the HDD's are at about 30-45 degrees Celsius idle.

It crashes roughly every 24 hours. I've got Teamviewer installed on it that gets unresponsive and I cannot connect to the computer like I normally can. The backups stop (crashplan stops sending files from my PC) and when I'm physically at the computer, I'm not getting any signal from the VGA output on the motherboard (there's no dedicated GPU). It's still powered on though, in terms of fans and HDDs spinning, as well as the lights.

I haven't overclocked or changed anything in the BIOS, everything is default except for boot order. The computer is running Avast and Malwarebytes and I've done complete systems scans with no results. I seriously doubt that it's got a virus since it is never used for anything but backups (not using any browsers etc).

I cleared CMOS but still crashing after about 24 hours. The computer is running on a battery backup from APC (although this isn't one of those that the computer always uses, it's only when the powers actually out that the battery is used. Which means that if the power were to be lost, which hasn't happened for years, the PC would turn off before the battery backup kicked in). I tried plugging it into the wall directly but still the same issue.

So given all of this, I took it home to test the hardware and to give me more space to be etc. I ran several passes of Memtest86+ and ran the stress test from OCCT for almost 48 hours. But no errors found and the computer doesn't seem to be crashing at all. No matter what I do. I live in Sweden and our power delivery is generally really good so it shouldn't be that the power is bad at my parents house. Especially since they got their own computer standing a couple of meters next to it, plugged into the same power outlet and we live in the same city and are on the same power grid.

I've got no idea what to test next or what could be causing these issues since nothing happens when it's at my house. Anyone with ideas of why this is happening?

TL;DR

Computer at my parents house, stops working after being on for about 24 hours. Memtest and OCCT ran extensively without any errors. CMOS has been cleared and the computer is virus free. When at my house, the computer doesn't crash at all, even during stress testing for about 48 hours.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf