Ultimate DIY Desk PC - Desk Construction

LinusTech
  • 3 weeks later...

Linus. How did you attach the fan filters in front?

• 1 month later...

Would like to thank Linus for making it look so easy, I actually dared to try building my own PC Desk. First go at woodworking and PC modding, and think it turned out quite alright. I'll try to give back to the community by helping people trying to do the same :)

Here's a short video of it - sorry for the shameless self promotion, I also use the same video to advertise my channel sometimes :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56qhC1AVS8

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys do to keep the LEDs up?

I finished the wood portion of the project and I am trying to keep the LEDs glued to the wood and I am having a hard time with it.

bsdAYSGsv4r7tYItZTrZ6lnpzYfb2Ue-Ip-T9Nh85QOd_vrEMHSAm_VetmHhUaLJ49PZPcZf8WCHdvRx9Uo6A4oOVzYrDTxxDE8WBaEd71OJJlguMVnUblqnaNJyqlHH3V4lEk1f-fooeZTDdVzYkU5_SIWqsDKsohskWtORMmkwKnbn-QWknMwjOwxvhXlVQI6w0FBx3_sjk5n5moTjW1bSnvRh7p0v6n2m3o17B2kcPdv70oV9auwDmm-P7dG7lMoHLJyNzpQyS5RAzj8F2QTjkMcWFe6oT94nWt2KZQx84qe2L_r3Tcjv42MELV9CuUWdhHDr_0RsS6EBOrSNkUuWlReEe7xI9j2N-4ZlMKXf9pKyGnyHaWIz7C9K9kIMf20ikM7iCLRZFyuJyDWyEhuxOMexAil3819UZKIXvcWPA8IVeCOfk9Uj3s0ahbSE0xLagAF5Cw_31UJ1kBxNyqafbVJL8ePXCMrkadXBEQr3n4rdalcSMuhxnAoSGIO9qLYjqjcvZFQEoDMpKCrIdNC4vkk-mcu5sTkyhKdSzJ3sbF602HcH7-nL5FsFjNwgzTuauCKOsD4YnS1e7g1GsXywFPi6Ibu34nuCGMtG2VFbz7XBATLPi5PuZmkNaXZb0aidv0DUKPoyY_DdEh8cBCuXkQ=w711-h947-no

• 2 weeks later...

What did you use for a top cap? My mdf is splitting in spots, if I can’t repair I’ll have to pry them off and redo them at some point.

• 4 months later...

does any one know the size of the threaded inserts Linus used for the standoffs 

May I know the full name of the circled object and it's size please?

image.png.fc6eed69aea75e897285762756190abf.png

1 hour ago, Jose Jung said:

May I know the full name of the circled object and it's size please?

image.png.fc6eed69aea75e897285762756190abf.png

It's a 6-32 threaded insert. 

You can get them on McMaster Carr 

• 4 months later...

I've been watching LTT videos for a while now. Love the videos!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, or if it is even possible. Would you all (LTT) be willing to custom build a desk just like this and have it shipped? I'd love to have a desk like this, but I, unfortunately, wasn't blessed with the skills that you guys have!

My only request that some of the parts are different than those in the video:

* ryzen 3900X

* gigabyte aorus extreme x570 mb

* Nvidia RTX 2080ti

* no hard drives (will use nvme drives)

* gigabyte aorus RGB ram 

Again, this may be the wrong place to ask, and it may not even be possible. If it is, please let me know what something like this would cost to be built and shipped to Columbus, GA, USA.

Thanks in advance!

Rodrigo