Can I just transfer the internal storage device from one Nintendo 3DS to another?

So, I've had a 3DS on my hands for a while now that shuts off with a popping sound shortly after pressing the power button. Given that this problem is happening because my idiot brother tried to repair the circle pad himself, Nintendo is refusing to fix it, even if I paid for it(warranty expired a long time ago, anyway).

So, I had a thought: could I just unsolder the internal storage of this 3DS, and put it in another? I just want my data back, and I'm ready to try anything.

The reason I think this might not work is because my installation of 3DSOS(or whatever it's called) might detect that it's running on different hardware, in a similar fashion to how the OS prevents you from copying games from one system to another.

Either that, or do any of you know any repair shops that I can ship this to? It's been 2 years, and I get sad every time I looks at the comatose-esque state my oldest console is in. The nostalgia is gradually eating away at my soul, and I'm scared that all of my neighbors in Animal Crossing have left. I know that cartridge games save data to themselves, I just want my 3DS the way it was before it broke.

1 hour ago, afklinus said:

You can transfer data from one 3ds to another http://kotaku.com/how-to-transfer-data-from-a-3ds-to-a-new-3ds-1685481150. When you do so you are transferring the game license from that old system to the new one.

I know that. The problem is that my current 3DS doesn't turn on, so transferring data the intended way won't work. Like I said: I'm interested in unsoldering the internal storage chip, and soldering it to a working 3DS motherboard.

The soldering job you're theorizing about (if it works) would require specialized equipment and a lot of skill.  But I can nearly guarantee you that no one here would be able to answer the question of whether or not it would work. 

You should call Nintendo and ask them. Leave out the soldering question, and just tell them that you have a 3DS that won't turn on and you want to buy a new one to use with the same Nintendo Network ID.  The agent will immediately understand why you're asking -- and that's because the System Transfer utility is not an option since the original 3DS is broken.  The agent will also tell you what your options are. 

Game data should be saved onto either the retail cartridges, or the SD card if you downloaded games.  The only thing you'd need to transfer is the ability to sign in with the same Nintendo Network ID. 

I've talked to their support in the past.  They're nice people. 

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/landing/p/430

"Contact Us" is on the right-hand size bar.  There's a chat option and phone number.  855-877-9099

2 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

The soldering job you're theorizing about (if it works) would require specialized equipment and a lot of skill.  But I can nearly guarantee you that no one here would be able to answer the question of whether or not it would work. 

You should call Nintendo and ask them. Leave out the soldering question, and just tell them that you have a 3DS that won't turn on and you want to buy a new one to use with the same Nintendo Network ID.  The agent will immediately understand why you're asking -- and that's because the System Transfer utility is not an option since the original 3DS is broken.  The agent will also tell you what your options are. 

I've talked to their support in the past.  They're nice people. 

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/landing/p/430

"Contact Us" is on the right-hand size bar.  There's a chat option and phone number.  855-877-9099

I already called them, and they can't help me since my brother technically modified the 3DS by opening it.

Also, that thing about soldering is good to know.

1 minute ago, fireclaw316 said:

I already called them, and they can't help me since my brother technically modified the 3DS by opening it.

Also, that thing about soldering is good to know.

I edited my post. Read it again.  

There is no repair that they need to make on your hardware. 

11 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Question for you, OP -- are your games downloaded from the eShop or on retail cartridges?

A mix of both. I'm obviously not worried about my cartridge-based games, but I'm going to be pretty depressed if things like Mii data were stored to the system, instead of the SD card.

You can read the (Micro)SD card from a 3DS/XL, 2DS or N3DS/XL in a normal SD card reader (it uses FAT32) and thus you can copy the contents from one SD card to a PC (though they say you can't just make backups of a SD card that way) or to a new (larger) SD card.

Also, all 3DS data (except DSiWare software) is stored to the SD card, so it should be as easy and placing the SD card from the dead system into the new system and setting up the Nintendo Network ID on the new system.

13 hours ago, fireclaw316 said:

A mix of both. I'm obviously not worried about my cartridge-based games, but I'm going to be pretty depressed if things like Mii data were stored to the system, instead of the SD card.

Nintendo support can manually unlink your Nintendo Network ID from the broken system.  You'll have to answer their questions to verify identify but they can. Then you'll be able to sign in with a different system. Move the SD card and what you get is what you get.