Getting Tech Products from US to UK

alexjt11
Go to solution Solved by PaintChips,

My friend has asked me to ship stuff across the Atlantic when the savings/risk of customs wraith is worth it, main headache is not every hardware maker has a global warranty which means shipping it back to a US friend for a warranty claim.  If you buy an item from the EU you'll have more consumer protection.

Hi,

So I want to know if anyone actual gets any of their stuff from the US, and gets it sent to the UK?

I think its a great idea to do, but I want to see if anyone has actually done it?

My friend has asked me to ship stuff across the Atlantic when the savings/risk of customs wraith is worth it, main headache is not every hardware maker has a global warranty which means shipping it back to a US friend for a warranty claim.  If you buy an item from the EU you'll have more consumer protection.

As in stuff you already own or newly bought prodcuts either way, you will pay heavy shipping costs and in the latter case probably Customs taxes as well

1) shipping

2) COD

3) import tax

4) long wait

5) TL;DR don't do it. Unless it's like one really rare part only available in the US.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) shipping

2) COD

3) import tax

4) long wait

5) TL;DR don't do it. Unless it's like one really rare part only available in the US.

COD is shit. Recommend Battlefield

2 hours ago, TiberiusMoon said:

My friend wanted a pc build and got his stuff from new egg, he said NOPE after the £90 in costs xD

Im talking about spending $3000, im not bothered about 90 quid in shipping :D