Best place to buy (used) laptop DDR3 RAM?

LukeS

Hello,

So my laptop that I purchased for school has 4 GB of RAM (ouch!). It does it's job, but I'd like for it to run faster. I'm looking up DDR3 Laptop ram, and everything is in the $40's USD... Where would you guys suggest me searching to get an upgrade? (note: I'm looking for 8GB, not 6GB, which is a significant difference). The hard part for me is I'm on a budget. Whenever I have extra spending money, I purchase books for all my med courses.... So cheaper is better.

Thanks,

-LukeS

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

2 minutes ago, LukeS said:

Hello,

So my laptop that I purchased for school has 4 GB of RAM (ouch!). It does it's job, but I'd like for it to run faster. I'm looking up DDR3 Laptop ram, and everything is in the $40's USD... Where would you guys suggest me searching to get an upgrade? (note: I'm looking for 8GB, not 6GB, which is a significant difference). The hard part for me is I'm on a budget. Whenever I have extra spending money, I purchase books for all my med courses.... So cheaper is better.

Thanks,

-LukeS

What laptop do you have? People will help you look for good deals if they know what to look for.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

What laptop do you have? People will help you look for good deals if they know what to look for.

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Here: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-3552-laptop/dncwc014s?s=dhs&oc=dncwc014s&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=298726&lid=5704714&acd=123098073120560&ven1=DNCWC014S:51916301508:901pdb6671:c&ven2=:&ven3=117003560654405608

That should be the link.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Ebay.

You can get another 4gb dimm for like $10USD.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, SLAYR said:

Ebay.

You can get another 4gb dimm for like $10USD.

Hmmm I didn't think laptops had a second port?

Just now, LukeS said:

Hmmm I didn't think laptops had a second port?

Most will, some don't, check to see if your laptop does first, it should be usually under a panel on the bottom.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

The link you posted says the max RAM is 4GB...

hmm wrong model then. I looked on newegg and it said that I could do up to 8.

Just now, LukeS said:

hmm wrong model then. I looked on newegg and it said that I could do up to 8.

Do you have the exact model number? It is usually listed somewhere in battery compartment.

Do you have the exact model number? It is usually listed somewhere in battery compartment.

4JZW712. I did give you the wrong link, by the way. I have an i3, not a duel core or whatever it said it had.

8 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Most will, some don't, check to see if your laptop does first, it should be usually under a panel on the bottom.

Nope, couldn't find one.