how to turn laptop pcie wifi card into usb wifi dongle?

liquidmagma

I don't think those adapters will work. They're reliant on mini-PCIe slot also having USB 2.0 connections, and I think they just break out the USB 2.0 pins into a connector. They don't adapt an actual PCIe device into a USB-attachable format. So, for a combination WiFi/BT module, you'd probably just get the Bluetooth part.

you need an usb controller for stuff like this, its not something that can be done easily if at all. you're probably better of just buying an alfa wifi module for 20 bucks and be done with it. the pcie mini to pci adapters are about the same price anyways.

id say just buy a wifi usb dongle there cheap enough and capable enough these days and if you need the bluetooth you can get one that does both too like this one £7.99 2.4GHz 300Mbp/s 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WN823N-Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B0088TKTY2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475051195&sr=8-2&keywords=wifi+usb+dongle

I lurk a lot

3 hours ago, peej said:

id say just buy a wifi usb dongle there cheap enough and capable enough these days and if you need the bluetooth you can get one that does both too like this one £7.99 2.4GHz 300Mbp/s 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WN823N-Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B0088TKTY2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475051195&sr=8-2&keywords=wifi+usb+dongle

dont you understand that i just want to fucking diy? imma buy if there is no other way.

50 minutes ago, liquidmagma said:

dont you understand that i just want to fucking diy? imma buy if there is no other way.

yeah man i have fun diying aswell but sometime its easier to just buy the real thing lol :P 

I lurk a lot

Short answer: This isn't gonna happen.

Long answer: Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssnnnnnnnnnnnn't goooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• 5 years later...
On 9/29/2016 at 11:04 AM, liquidmagma said:

well i think i gonna do this one.

So anyone tried this?