Will this cable fry my CPU?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Yes it will 100% work.

It is the proper cable, and some pins are squares for compatibility.

You will notice that cables that are not meant to be used (like PCIe 6+2) will have square pins that won't fit into the cut-corner pins.

Hi LTT guys,

I'm building my 1st PC and I notice that the PSU cables designated for the CPU on my Rosewill Capstone G750 don't quite match the ones on the Motherboard. I'm using a skylake i5 6600k on a skylake compatible motherboard. Even though the cable and socket will fit together (without forcing it), the rounded edges of the individual pins don't quite match the motherboard's. Can I still use this cable to power my CPU? 

P.S, in the PSU's manual, it says that the connector is a '+12V EPS, 4+4 PIN Connector'.

WP_20160921_01_52_13_Rich_LI.jpg

WP_20160921_01_54_14_Rich_LI.jpg

Have you tried flipping them?

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

its a standard

there is no other cpu power cable

it should work

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Don't worry about it. That's the proper connector and that's how it's supposed to be. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It will work

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Yes it will 100% work.

It is the proper cable, and some pins are squares for compatibility.

You will notice that cables that are not meant to be used (like PCIe 6+2) will have square pins that won't fit into the cut-corner pins.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020