Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post Screen/BIOS doesn't display with DisplayPort

On 6/27/2021 at 5:29 AM, throwaway3224 said:

This needs a warning because sometimes after updating this firmware the next boot results in nothing on the display on a previously working system. After a hard reset due to lack of options the second boot was successful for me. Just making the point that this is not without risk as people are scrambling to meet Windows 11 requirements.

sometimes? i installed this, and restarted nothing bad happend to me thank goodness.

i have no idea what went wrong on your end tbh, i used this updater on a gtx 980

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, cyan_echo said:

Well following the trend of the last two replies - created an account just to help out lost souls :D

Unfortunately none of the suggestions above worked(but still give them a try since it worked for some). What worked for me is Nvidia's firmware update tool it was created to address this issue specifically:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

When you run it, it'll tell you whether the firmware needs updating. Once it's done I was able to see the boot screen and get into bios using displayport!

Thank you so much for this info! This worked on my MSI 1070.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 8:20 PM, cyan_echo said:

Well following the trend of the last two replies - created an account just to help out lost souls :D

Unfortunately none of the suggestions above worked(but still give them a try since it worked for some). What worked for me is Nvidia's firmware update tool it was created to address this issue specifically:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

When you run it, it'll tell you whether the firmware needs updating. Once it's done I was able to see the boot screen and get into bios using displayport!

Before i have monitors only with VGA and DVI connections and bios screen always was visible.Now i buy monitor with display port connection and bios screen was gone. Thanks man, your solution works for me. Now i see bios screen! 😀 👍