Best vpn?

Kosios
Go to solution Solved by Curlz,
4 hours ago, Kosios said:

I hear that BTGuard allows torrenting.

This is corrrect.

Here is a good article about many VPNs and how torrent friendly they are. 

Stay away from VyrpVPN. They log heavily and have conflict of interest being a VPN provider. Mostly heard bad things from their users.

The other thing to note is torrent friendly VPNs are often slower than semi and non friendly VPNs. Like I said earlier, only way to truly find out the fastest VPN for you is to test them.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good vpn to use.  I'm looking for the fastest one I can find for under 10 bucks a month.  Also it can't store logs.

Any help is appreciated :)

Hotspot Shield is free, that's what I use. No idea on the log thing though.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

2 hours ago, Kosios said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good vpn to use.  I'm looking for the fastest one I can find for under 10 bucks a month.  Also it can't store logs.

If you want the most secure, make your own! I have a link to my OpenVPN server guide in my signature.

My native language is C++

The most secure and fastest is create your own VPS just as tt2468 said. It is faster and more secure (no logging at all).

If you don't want to have the hassle, you can try nVPN (no logging), and it is cheap if you buy it in 3 months package.

10 hours ago, Kosios said:

Some very important things you need to know about when looking for VPNs. Many of the reviews for VPNs are sponsored, therefore reviews are not that reliable and VPN performances will vary for everyone due to your location.

Do not believe the claims of "We do not log". Pretty much all of them do. It's what they log and how long for, that's important. You need to read their terms and conditions and privacy policies sadly. 

Look for a VPN provider that allows payment in Bitcoin. If you pay in Bitcoin, you become rather difficult to track down and is normally an sign that they don't log information that can identify you. 

Many VPNs will not allow torrents/peer to peer and actively seek them out. Problem for many is that some games use torrents/ P2P for updates. This means you are violating their policies and many do terminate your contract on the spot. 

When it comes to VPNs, what you pay for is normally what you get. 

If you are looking at a VPN for home, look for a VPN provider that allows routers to be configured with there VPN. This way all your devices will be protected at home. (Normally you only given a set amount of devices that are allowed to be connect. A router counts as one, regardless of how many devices connected to your router For example 3-5 devices).

Any half decent VPN provider will offer a free trail of their service or a money back  guarantee. Take advantage of this to find the fastest and most reliable VPN for your location. 

Here is some good VPN providers:

Tunnel Bear

Pure VPN

Express VPN

Here is a link of some VPN providers. Remember don't trust them when they say they don't log!

Astrill been using it for 2 years, works great even with netflix

15 hours ago, Kosios said:

13 hours ago, Curlz said:

Some very important things you need to know about when looking for VPNs. Many of the reviews for VPNs are sponsored, therefore reviews are not that reliable and VPN performances will vary for everyone due to your location.

Do not believe the claims of "We do not log". Pretty much all of them do. It's what they log and how long for, that's important. You need to read their terms and conditions and privacy policies sadly. 

Look for a VPN provider that allows payment in Bitcoin. If you pay in Bitcoin, you become rather difficult to track down and is normally an sign that they don't log information that can identify you. 

Many VPNs will not allow torrents/peer to peer and actively seek them out. Problem for many is that some games use torrents/ P2P for updates. This means you are violating their policies and many do terminate your contract on the spot. 

When it comes to VPNs, what you pay for is normally what you get. 

If you are looking at a VPN for home, look for a VPN provider that allows routers to be configured with there VPN. This way all your devices will be protected at home. (Normally you only given a set amount of devices that are allowed to be connect. A router counts as one, regardless of how many devices connected to your router For example 3-5 devices).

Any half decent VPN provider will offer a free trail of their service or a money back  guarantee. Take advantage of this to find the fastest and most reliable VPN for your location. 

Tunnel Bear

Pure VPN

Express VPN

Here is a link of some VPN providers. Remember don't trust them when they say they don't log!

4 hours ago, Kosios said:

This is corrrect.

Here is a good article about many VPNs and how torrent friendly they are. 

Stay away from VyrpVPN. They log heavily and have conflict of interest being a VPN provider. Mostly heard bad things from their users.

The other thing to note is torrent friendly VPNs are often slower than semi and non friendly VPNs. Like I said earlier, only way to truly find out the fastest VPN for you is to test them.

I personally use private internet access, they don't have logs and have a good rep among people that torrent.  

Never had any issues with it since I got it, I paid $40 for a year subscription.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Using PIA as well. Pretty fast for me, easy to setup, accepts bitcoin, and right now is $3/m (if you buy a full year).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2016-09-20 at 5:24 PM, Curlz said:

Tunnel Bear

Pure VPN

Express VPN

Tunnel Bear does not allow bittorrent traffic, so that's one big reason to stay away from them.

I recommend Private Internet Access (aka PIA) too.